Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Double-precision result (awk) Post 302420090 by radoulov on Monday 10th of May 2010 02:32:34 PM
Old 05-10-2010
Use gawk, nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk on Solaris:

Code:
awk '{
  gsub(/D-/,"E-")
  for (i = 2; ++i <= NF;) 
    $i = sprintf("%0.9f", $i)
      }-3
	' infile

Last edited by radoulov; 05-10-2010 at 03:47 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find date Difference in AWK/GAWK with millisecond precision

Hi, I have a log file that has the date in this format "2006-05-30_13:14:04,256". I need to find the time difference between two log entries in milliseconds. How to achieve this in AWK/GAWK script? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omprasad
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Elimincating double result when using find and grep

Hi, i am using the command find . -exec grep -i "sometexttofoundinfiles" '{}' \; -print The problem with this command is it prints the path of file i want twice. I did try the "-q" option of the grep command. It generates an error "invalid option". i guess the shell i am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silas.john
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

awk to output cmd result

I was wondering if it was possible to tell awk to print the output of a command in the print. .... | awk '{print $0}' I would like it to print the date right before $0, so something like (this doesn't work though) .... | awk '{print date $0}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

conflict: "for" loops and double precision numbers

Hi folk, Hope you enjoy the summer. I am stock after one day working, the problems are the following: 1) I want to write a for loop in a shell script code that has a double precision step as: #!/bin/bash START=0.00001 STOP=0.001 for((i = START ; i< STOP ; i=2*i)) do echo "$i"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: habib
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double double quotes using AWK/SED

Hi, I have data as "01/22/97-"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa""aaa""aabbbbbbbbcccccc""zbcd""dddddddddeeeeeeeeefffffff" I want to remove only the Consequitive double quotes and not the one which occurs single. My O/P must be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk calculated with amazing result

I don't the following why ?:confused: $ awk 'BEGIN{printf "%.40f\n",(0.33*3)}' 0.9899999999999999911182158029987476766109 $ awk 'BEGIN{printf "%.4f\n",(0.33*3)}' 0.9900 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saloman
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk calculated with amazing result

I don't the following why ?:confused: $ awk 'BEGIN{printf "%.40f\n",(0.33*3)}' 0.9899999999999999911182158029987476766109 $ awk 'BEGIN{printf "%.4f\n",(0.33*3)}' 0.9900 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saloman
0 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to take awk result out (piping to other program)?

Hi! all here is my code which is working fine no errors but I want to know how to take result and input to other program awk 'FNR==1{i++}{LC=NR} {for(k=1; k<=NF; k++) A=$k} END{for (i=1;i<=LC;i++) { for(j=1;j<=LC;j++) if(A=='$UID' && A>='$MX'+A &&... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unexpected result from awk

Hello, Giving those commands: cat > myfile 1 2 3 ^D cat myfile | awk '{ s=s+$1 ; print s}' The output is: 1 3 6 It seems like this command iterates each time on a different row so $1 is the first field of each row.. But what caused it to refer to each row ?. What I mean... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uniran
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Duplication | awk | result

Dear forum members, I want the script to count ALA as one (an example in quotes) and return an integer as 1 and not return 5 as an integer as it does now (look bash script). So how can I upgrade my script that it first checks or after finding all instances of ALA checks whether it is the same... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aurimas
25 Replies
ucblinks(1B)                                         SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                         ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)