Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remote ssh and return values.. Post 302419992 by radoulov on Monday 10th of May 2010 09:14:43 AM
Old 05-10-2010
You can use something like this:

Code:
ssh -T > local_file hostname <<\!
perl -nle'BEGIN {
  $ino = (stat $ARGV[0])[1];
    }
  $. == 1 and $fl = length;
  /pattern/ and $ln = $.;
  END {
    print join ":", $ln ? $ln : 0, $fl ? $fl : 0, 
      $ino;
    }'  remote_file
!

Or, of course, use Net::SSH:Perl if it's available.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exit/return values

Sys: HP-UX 9000 In the calling script how do I 'read' the return/exit value of a called script?:confused: THX in advance for any assistence.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Possible return values for $?

I think the $? returns 0 if the last issued command was successful and otherwise if not. But does anyone knows the value list that may be returned ? (or it is only zero/one ? ) Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: return values from awk

Hi. I have a script like this: nawk 'BEGIN {FS=","; TOT1=0; REJ1=0;} { if($7=="TOTAL") { TOT1=TOT1 +$8} if($7=="REJS") { REJ1=REJ1 +$8} }' FILE_123.dat and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can quoted text return values

Hi All, index=10.5 let "res = $index + 1.7" echo "res = $res" Can anybody explain what this piece of code does. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command does not want to return on ssh

Hi, I am trying to use this command to backup my remote server: ssh ftp nice -19 bru -cXiAf mail-02:/dev/nst1 /etc When I run I get: connect to address 205.150.86.5 port 544: Connection refused connect to address 205.150.86.5 port 544: Connection refused trying normal rsh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can $? return multiple values?

Hi, I have a script which does something like the below: execute_some_script.sh $arg1 $arg2 `exec-some-cmd` if then; do something else do something else fi However, during some cases, there is an error saying: line xxx: [: too many arguments at the line number which has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laloo
5 Replies

7. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Multiple Return Values

Hi, I need to retrun multiple values function errorFileCreation { echo "Before" return -1 "Siva"; echo "Aftyer" } echo ${?} - This can be used to getting first value. how can i get second one. Advance Thanks... Shiv (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

10. BSD

Connection SSH to remote by ssh

Hello guys! I am setting up a script to access a unix remote server. My problem is that when I put the ssh line "my host", the script does not wait for the server response asking for the password to execute the line in which I put the password, that is, I need to put a form in which script has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroucasp
1 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)