Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep help after context
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep help after context Post 302419934 by dips_ag on Monday 10th of May 2010 06:30:10 AM
Old 05-10-2010
Thanks Franklin52 for the explanation.
-dips

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Context Free Grammar

Hi Folks, I am trying to write a small compiler for syntax checking in C programs. I would like to attach a Context Free Grammar(CFC) to it. Does any one know as to how I should associate or map the Grammar with the C program???? A quick help would help me a lot...... Thanks, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Context Switching

I know that this is a relative question but can someone give me an idea of what would be considered a high number of context switches? I am running vmstat and show a cs value of between 5000 and 6000 on a 4 processor system. How can I deduce if this number is high or not? Also, the timeslice... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

keep context in awk

here is a data file. ------------------------------------- KSH, CSH, BASH, PERL, PHP, SED, AWK KSH, CSH, BASH, PERL, PHP, BASH, PERL, PHP, SED, AWK CSH, BASH, PERL, PHP, SED, KSH, CSH, BASH, PERL, PHP, SED, AWK ------------------------------------- My desired output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VTAWKVT
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

context lost problem

there are several same servers(process) on more than one server(machine) providing the same service. we store session/context within the server(process), if the same client login, he will be directed to the very server service for him last time. But, if a server(machine or process) down, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhongyj
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Context-switching - vmstat

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Type `vmstat -s; vmstat -n 1 5; vmstat -n 1 5; vmstat -s` to your Ruby interpreter. Then terminate your Ruby session. Run the Unix com- mand vmstat -s; vmstat -n 1 5; vmstat -s in the same terminal window you had been using for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowboarder
2 Replies

6. Slackware

Context dependent symlinks

Ive got multiple PCs, sharing an NFS mounted home dir. For certain apps I would like to keep the config files host specific. Easy solution is to create symlinks to local folders for configs. Ideally I would still want the .config files to reside in the user home folder. Is it possible to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple search terms with context

I have a file that is a sort library in the format: ##def title1 content1 stuff1 content2 stuff2 ##enddef ##def title2 etc.. I want to grep def and content and pull some trailing context from content so the result would look something like: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Moe.Wilensky
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding context to add in a file

Hi Folks, I have one query is that I can reach to a location of a file named Integration_Config_3.properties through putty cd /usr/local/pos/jlan/config/byStore/il ls -ltr I can open this file in vi editior also vi Integration_Config_3.properties But now my query is I want to add the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interupt Context Switching

If suppose a middle level interrupt is being serviced and a high priority interrupts comes in then in that case what all process will take place. The interrupt context switch will happen. But where will the interrupt context be saved? Is there something called as part process data area? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions related to if in awk context and if without awk context

I wrote this code, questions follow #! /bin/bash -f # Purpose - to show how if syntax is used within an awk clear; ls -l; echo "This will print out the first two columns of the inputted file in this directory"; echo "Enter filename found in this directory"; read input; ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seth
11 Replies
explain_exit(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   explain_exit(3)

NAME
explain_exit - print an explanation of exit status before exiting SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/libexplain.h> void explain_exit_on_exit(void); void explain_exit_on_error(void); void explain_exit_cancel(void); DESCRIPTION
The explain_exit_on_exit function may be used to have the calling program print an explanation of its exit status (the value passed to exit(3) or the return value from main) immediately before it terminates. The explain_exit_on_error function may be used to have the calling program print an explanation of its exit status immediately before it terminates, if that exit status is not EXIT_SUCCESS. The explain_exit_cancel function may be used to cancel the effect of the explain_exit_on_exit or explain_exit_on_error function. These functions may be called multiple times, and in any order. The last called has precedence. The explanation will never be printed more than once. Call Exit As Normal In order to have the explanation printed, simply call exit(3) as normal, or return from main as normal. Do not call any of these functions in order to exit your program, they are called before you exit your program. Caveat This functionality is only available on systems with the on_exit(3) system call. Unfortunately, the atexit(3) system call is not suffi- ciently capable, as it does not pass the exit status to the registered function. SEE ALSO
exit(3) cause normal process termination atexit(3) register a function to be called at normal process termination on_exit(3) register a function to be called at normal process termination COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2009 Peter Miller AUTHOR
Written by Peter Miller <pmiller@opensource.org.au> explain_exit(3)