Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: want to query : YES or NO
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting want to query : YES or NO Post 302419922 by dodasajan on Monday 10th of May 2010 05:31:52 AM
Old 05-10-2010
it gives some error:

Do you want to proceed [YES/NO] :
yes
you answered YES
test_test.sh: cannot return when not in function

i want to take some action on yes also.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query

hi, how can i do the following..... i have file containing followig a k 10000 b c 200000 d e 50 a j 40 how can i list all rows containg last value more than 1000? and how can i find number of blank rows in the file? THANKS! regards vivek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

query

I have converted data written on excel sheet in unix through shell & perl prg now the problem is I want that if starting columns of the xls sheet is Blank than when data is converted into unix then it should appear with this '|' sign. but it appearing like this: hfgg|tytt| but I want like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

query.....

hi friends i want to know details of `exec` exact use of this command ..... actually i went through the man page but i didn`t get the satisfactory ...conclusion.... thaks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newson
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help on query

I just started to learn unix - need help to write a script to query a logfile and produce the results that contains a specific word "alarm" for a period from X day to Y day. I really have no idea how to begin - :( please help... ____________________________________________________ #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snipfer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query

hi i am producing txt outputs of archives created by our tsm software. problem is some of these files are too large to open in excel so i can despatch. here is a example of the output TAG_460 /prod_bak 7 FILE /ARCHIVE/Whistles- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query

Hi, I have a script to remove null values from a file. Could any one explain how this is working? :confused: while read f do echo process $f gawk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
ssignal(3C)															       ssignal(3C)

NAME
ssignal(), gsignal() - software signals SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
and implement a software facility similar to signal(5). This facility is used by the Standard C Library to enable users to indicate the disposition of error conditions, and is also made available to users for their own purposes. Software signals made available to users are associated with integers in the inclusive range 1 through 15. A call to associates a proce- dure, action, with the software signal sig; the software signal, sig, is raised by a call to Raising a software signal causes the action established for that signal to be taken. The first argument to is a number identifying the type of signal for which an action is to be established. The second argument defines the action; it is either the name of a (user-defined) action function or one of the manifest constants (default) or (ignore). returns the action previously established for that signal type; if no action has been established or the signal number is illegal, returns raises the signal identified by its argument, sig: o If an action function has been established for sig, that action is reset to and the action function is entered with argument sig. returns the value returned to it by the action function. o If the action for sig is returns the value 1 and takes no other action. o If the action for sig is returns the value 0 and takes no other action. o If sig has an illegal value or no action was ever specified for sig, returns the value 0 and takes no other action. SEE ALSO
signal(5), thread_safety(5). NOTES
Some additional signals with numbers outside the range 1 through 15 are used by the Standard C Library to indicate error conditions. Those signal numbers outside the range 1 through 15 are legal, although their use may interfere with the operation of the Standard C Library. STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
ssignal(3C)