Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to judge wether a url is valid or not using awk Post 302419866 by rainboisterous on Monday 10th of May 2010 12:21:02 AM
Old 05-10-2010
yes, can you give me any idea .
thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking wether an input is using letters of the alphabet

afternoon forums. I need to get a way of testing as to wether an inputed character is part of the english alphabet. i have come up with the following code but its not working at all. until '] do echo This is not a Letter done any help would be beneficial to me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strasner
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking wether an inputed character is already in a variable

Hi, i have a variable which holds a variety of letters. eg, var=qwertyuiop what i want to do is determine wether an inputed letter is already stored inside the variable, so i can say to enter a new one. i have been playing around using tr and grep but nothing seems to work at all. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: castillo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command - not a valid identifier message

Trying to run the following awk command : export com.mics.ara.server.tools.sch_reports.Runner.num_threads=`awk -F= '!/^#/ && /com.mics.ara.server.tools.sch_reports.Runner.num_threads/{print $2}' $BKUPDIR/env.properties` -bash: export:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wether does it successful or unreachable?

Hi, all: How can I check what happen with my own NIC driver which response "successful" when local PC "ping" a remote linux PC but "unreachable" when it "ping" a remote windows XP PC? My writed driver runs in linux 3.0.4 kernel. thanks! li, kunlun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liklstar
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: print all URL addresses between iframe tags without repeating an already printed URL

Here is what I have so far: find . -name "*php*" -or -name "*htm*" | xargs grep -i iframe | awk -F'"' '/<iframe*/{gsub(/.\*iframe>/,"\"");print $2}' Here is an example content of a PHP or HTM(HTML) file: <iframe src="http://ADDRESS_1/?click=5BBB08\" width=1 height=1... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
18 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URL decoding with awk

The challenge: Decode URL's, i.e. convert %HEX to the corresponding special characters, using only UNIX base utilities, and without having to type out each special character. I have an anonymous C code snippet where the author assigns each hex digit a number from 0 to 16 and then does some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to determine if field value is valid

Hi Forum. I tried to search the forum posts for an answer but I haven't been able to do so for what I'm trying to accomplish. I have the following source file: 11936385~TFSA|11936385|4431|3401458067|10/09/1982|25.00|IBSBONUS|3200|||||CASH| 3401458067|1005|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget fails for a valid URL

Wget Error Codes: 0 No problems occurred. 1 Generic error code. 2 Parse error—for instance, when parsing command-line options, the .wgetrc or .netrc… 3 File I/O error. 4 Network failure. 5 SSL verification failure. 6 Username/password authentication failure. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Regex for a valid URL

Hi guys, What is the regex to check for only valid URL from a file using grep? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
2 Replies
CAPISUITE(8)															      CAPISUITE(8)

NAME
capisuite - Python-scriptable ISDN telecommunication suite DESCRIPTION
CapiSuite is a Python-scriptable ISDN telecommunication suite. It uses the new CAPI interface for accessing your ISDN-hardware - so you'll need a card for which a CAPI compatible driver is available. Currently these are all cards manufactured by AVM and some Eicon cards. This man page only gives a short introduction, for the real documentation please see the HTML or PDF manual distributed with CapiSuite. CapiSuite tries to give the user the ability to code his own ISDN applications without having to fiddle around with all the dirty program- ming details like callback functions, data buffers, protocol settings and so on. I took a scripting language which is (in my opinion) very easy to understand, to use and to learn - especially for beginners: Python. I extended it with some functions providing the basic ISDN "building blocks" for the users application. Behind these functions the heart of CapiSuite implements all the dirty details a user isn't interested in. My goal was to make script-coding as simple as possible but to also give you the flexibility to realize what you want. To give you an impression, coding a simple answering machine is as easy as:.IP .nf def callIncoming (call, service, call_from, call_to): connect_voice (call, 10) # answer call after 10 secs audio_send (call, "announcemnt.la") # play announcement audio_send (call, "beep.la") # play beep audio_receive (call, "call.la", 10) # record call .fi Of course some details are missing like creating a unique filename or storing the additional information (called and calling party numbers, time, ...) - but I assume you got my idea. And - don't be afraid - if you just want to have a normal answering machine or send and receive some fax documents, you can use the default scripts distributed with CapiSuite. They give you already some nice features - e.g. the answering machine is multi-user ready, supports automatic fax detection and remote inquiry functions. You'll only need to tell CapiSuite some details like your own number, record an own announcement and that's it. So CapiSuite is already equipped for your daily telecommunication needs - but if you don't like to do the things the way I do - just change it or completely do it on your own. And if you write nice scripts or have changes to my default scripts, I would love to get and perhaps make them available for all users if you don't mind. SEE ALSO
capisuite.conf(5), fax.conf(5), answering_machine.conf(5), capisuitefax(1) AUTHOR
Gernot Hillier <gernot@hillier.de>. CAPISUITE(8)