Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script for monitoring users activities Post 302419830 by curleb on Sunday 9th of May 2010 02:07:55 PM
Old 05-09-2010
last will supply you with the login time, protocol and remote location...so you can focus on the means of the file monitoring...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracking activities of Users using a particular login.

Hi!! Experts, I have a typical scenario here in which several users have access to a particular login .. say "build". None of the users know the passwd for this login. The name of some of the user have been to .rhosts file. The users can connect only by doing a rlogin to this id and then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weblogic monitoring shell script

HI, I'm new in unix. I would like to know if you have a ready script for monitoring the weblogic and managed servers. I want to have a script that checks the weblogic once in a while if it's up and running. if not running, will send an email to me. any idea? please help me. i will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
4 Replies

3. Solaris

restricting users privileges and logging their activities

Hello, I'm administrating new installed cluster that runs Legato Networker and Oracle 9. And I want to restrict the use of root to my self and givr the application and DBA the proper and needed privileges to do their duties without hassle in addition I would like to log users activities. my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sh_ksa
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to log into unix box and do a set of activities

Hi all, I want to automate a set of activities i am doing daily.the activities in the order are: 1.loging in to the unix box. 2.sudo su - tsiap, give pwd 3. cd appsrv 4. cd log 5. run the below cmd one by one, if you find any query which has run for more than 5 secs, open the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybersandex
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

script for memory monitoring and sending mail to users in network

I m working on a script which monitors the disk usage and send a mail to the users if it reaches a limit of 90%. hlp me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navdeep5673
2 Replies

6. Linux

Memory monitoring and sending alert mail to users in network using shell script

i m workiing on a shell script which may monitors network memory and send alert to user if it increase a threshold (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navdeep5673
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for process monitoring

Im having a bit of troble coming up with a script that does this monitors processes to see if they die, if they do die, restart the process and write out to a log file that the process was restarted with the new PID and the date and time the new process was launched. Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jspinal
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Tomcat Service with shell script

Hello Forum, I have prepared script to monitor the tomcat status. Following is the script which will monitor tomcat instance. I need little modifcation in the script. My script will grep for process, the output of grep command will analyze by if condition under for loop and will send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Monitoring Script

Hi guys, I didn't understand this monitoring script request - I don't ask for the script result. If you understand the request, I'm just asking an explanation to simplify it for me. THE Script Request: Our organization keeps various files in directories structured as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Server monitoring using shell script

I want to write a shell script which is used in cron job and it runs every 4 hours to check whether tomcat servers are running or not . If servers are not running , one email should be triggered like alert notification. if servers are Running then no need to print anything. This is what i want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk123
5 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc -- user configuration for ftp SYNOPSIS
~/.netrc DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)