Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect: Block of lines should be executed only if access succeeds Post 302419808 by Hossam_Nox on Sunday 9th of May 2010 06:18:16 AM
Old 05-09-2010
Hey...

Did anyone find the cause of the problem?...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

while vc++6 succeeds, g++ fails. ???

My code is at: http://rafb.net/p/E82U3C73.html It is a concept sample. I desperately tried to compile it with g++. To my surprise (in vmplayer/ win2k) vc++6 succeeds to compile it. I'm in very doubt. I used RedHat WS 4 , g++-3.4 and Debian Etch, g++-4.1 Comment this please!! mihai (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: Parsing/evaluating lines of numbers

There *has* to be an elegant way to do this in Expect... I have a command that returns lines of numbers. Like: prompt% mycommand --loop=5 9 4956 4951 4951 4956 9 4960 4951 4951 4956 9 4956 4951 4951 4956 9 4956 4951 4951 4956 9 4956 4951 4951 4956 prompt% All numbers must be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kajkaj
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute ftp script until it succeeds

I have a ftp script that occasionally fails (connection lost error). I would like to execute the ftp command until it succeeds. Would the script below work? while do ftp -i -n <<EOF >> $LOG open $FTP_HOST user $FTP_LOGIN $FTP_PASSWD put filename.csv bye quit ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect - How to ignore empty lines?

Hi all, I'm looking for a way to generate an error when a command does not print an expected message. For example : test.sh : echo hi!test.exp : exp_internal 1 spawn ./test.sh expect { "hi!" {puts "bingo!"} "*" {puts "error!" ; exit 1} } I expected test.exp to match the string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whbos
2 Replies

5. AIX

Script not getting executed via cron but executes when executed manually.

Hi Script not getting executed via cron but executes successfully when executed manually. Please assist cbspsap01(appuser) /app/scripts > cat restart.sh #!/bin/ksh cd /app/bin date >>logfile.out echo "Restart has been started....." >>logfile.out date >>logfile.out initfnsw -y restart... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read fails in Unix, but succeeds in Linux. Why?

Hi, When I use "read" to parse the sftp command sent via ptty, I ran into a very mysterious case below: --- In Unix, the command ‘quit' is lost. === Fri 13Apr12 15:42:47GMT-sftp_send_command: SENT Fri 13Apr12 15:42:47GMT-sftp_read_resp_line: Parse buffer=quit^M --> Command sent correctly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HgHK
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL expect out string with multiple lines

Hello, I will be sending this command to a specific COMID: exp_send-i $COMID "fdisk -l | grep Disk | awk '{print $2}'" The command will produce this output: /dev/sda /dev/sdb etc.. the problem is how do I store the output in a variable in TCL, I am currently using this to grab the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move a block of lines to file if string found in the block.

I have a "main" file which has blocks of data for each user defined by tags BEGIN and END. BEGIN ID_NUM:24879 USER:abc123 HOW:47M CMD1:xyz1 CMD2:arp2 STATE:active PROCESS:id60 END BEGIN ID_NUM:24880 USER:def123 HOW:4M CMD1:xyz1 CMD2:xyz2 STATE:running PROCESS:id64 END (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing a block of lines from a file, if that block does not contain two patterns using sed

I want to process a file block by block using sed, and if that block does not contain two patterns, then that complete block has to be printed. See below for the example data. ................................server 1............................... running process 1 running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail succeeds, qmail fails

I am attempting to send multipart formatted email using sendmail -t with attachments. The attachments always arrive as empty if sent from linux. They are intact if sent from AIX. Does qmail not support attachments for multipart formatted email? I have a legacy application which runs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles_n_may
4 Replies
telnetrc(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       telnetrc(4)

NAME
telnetrc, .telnetrc - Specifies setup commands for a telnet session SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.telnetrc DESCRIPTION
The .telnetrc file contains the setup information for a telnet session. It is a hidden file in your home directory and must be readable by the user logging in. The file can consist of multiple entries for each remote host to which a user can connect. A remote host entry consists of multiple lines. The first line is the name of a remote host. The subsequent lines must begin with blank spaces, and contain telnet subcommands. These sub- commands are processed as though they were typed in manually. Lines beginning with a number sign (#) are comment lines. See telnet(1) for a complete list of telnet subcommands. To specify subcommands that apply to all systems, create an entry, using the word "DEFAULT" as the system name, and specify the telnet sub- commands in the subsequent lines. EXAMPLES
The following shows a sample .telnetrc file: # Beginning of telnetrc file # Default subcommands that apply to all systems DEFAULT environ undefine USER # First system entry system1 set echo toggle crlf # Second system entry system2 set echo mode line toggle crlf FILES
User-customized telnet startup values. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: telnet(1). delim off telnetrc(4)