Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search complicated strings on file Post 302419775 by drl on Saturday 8th of May 2010 03:17:11 PM
Old 05-08-2010
Hi.

Judging from the output, I'm guessing that the search is intended to be an "OR":
Code:
sim.lim.13_60.colorValidationResponse

means
Code:
sim OR lim OR 13_60 OR colorValidationResponse

possibly restricted to the content of the fields in order. If so, then there are a number of methods, if not then choose from the suggestions so far, or explain with more detail ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find information from complicated strings

Hi experts, I have the file with these lines: var1=thu_13:12:32,var2=Microsoft,var3=240ms,var4=Mozilla/4.0_(sun;_MSIR_3-4;_windows.;_NET_1.1323.53 var1=thu_13:13:32,var2=Microsoft,var3=213ms,var4=Mozilla/4.0_(sun;_MSIR_3-4;_windows.;_NET_1.1323.53... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search multiple strings in a file

Hi All, I want to search all the ksh scripts that has following details. 1. Search for "exit 0" 2. Search for "sqlldr" or sqlplus" 3. In the above files i want to search for all the script that has no "case" in it. Please advice. Thanks, Deep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakpv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated search within file

Hi, I have following problem. I have a file with time stamps and some data describing what happened between time stamps. Something like this: 10:00 meeting with K meeting with L 11:00 lunch 12:00 work with K 13:00 From this file I have to get a file with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmike
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file between last occurence of 2 strings

I need to extract the last block of /== START OF SQLPLUS ==/ and /== END OF SQLPLUS ==/. The logifle is written to several times in a day using >> to append. I need a solution using grep/sed. logfile looks like this START OF LOGFILE /== START OF SQLPLUS ==/ ERROR /== END OF SQLPLUS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanton
5 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Complicated SED search required

Hi All, I'm trying to extract all the description fields from a MIB file which contain multiple instances of the following text: ENTERPRISE compaq VARIABLES { sysName, cpqHoTrapFlags, cpqSsBoxCntlrHwLocation, cpqSsBoxCntlrIndex, cpqSsBoxBusIndex,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Search replace - complicated

I have a text file for which i need a script which does some fancy search and replace. Basically i want to loop through each line, if i find an occurance of certain string format then i want to carry on search on replace another line, once i replaced this line i will contine to search for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple Strings in a File

Hi I want to search multiple strings in a file . But the search should start with "From" Keyword and end with before "Where" keyword. Please suggest me. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboss
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extended replacing of nonspecific strings in text files [beware complicated !]

Well, to make another post at this helpful forum :b::D: I recently tried something like this, I want to replace all those numberings/letters that are located between <string>file://localhost/var/mobile/Applications/ and /Documents/</string> numberings =---- replace with: first... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search strings from array in second file

I have a file search_strings.txt filled with search strings which have a blank in between and look like this: S. g. Erh. o. J. v. d. Chijs g. Ehr.I would like to search the strings in the second given Textfile.txt and it shall return the column number. Can anybody help with the correct... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)