Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search complicated strings on file Post 302419770 by Scott on Saturday 8th of May 2010 02:24:22 PM
Old 05-08-2010
Your strings are not that complicated!

Code:
/Users/scott/scripts/tmp $ awk '/^(mai|sim)/' file1
mai.lim.13_60.colorValidationResponse
sim.nam.13_60.colorValidationResponse
sim.lim.12_80.colorValidationResponse
sim.lim.13_60.colorValidationRequest
sim.lim.14_90.colorValidationResponse
/Users/scott/scripts/tmp $ grep -E 'mai|sim' file1     
mai.lim.13_60.colorValidationResponse
sim.lim.12_80.colorValidationResponse
sim.lim.13_60.colorValidationRequest
sim.lim.14_90.colorValidationResponse

gets all the strings you need. What you mean by "1st output", "2nd output", etc. could use some explaining Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find information from complicated strings

Hi experts, I have the file with these lines: var1=thu_13:12:32,var2=Microsoft,var3=240ms,var4=Mozilla/4.0_(sun;_MSIR_3-4;_windows.;_NET_1.1323.53 var1=thu_13:13:32,var2=Microsoft,var3=213ms,var4=Mozilla/4.0_(sun;_MSIR_3-4;_windows.;_NET_1.1323.53... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search multiple strings in a file

Hi All, I want to search all the ksh scripts that has following details. 1. Search for "exit 0" 2. Search for "sqlldr" or sqlplus" 3. In the above files i want to search for all the script that has no "case" in it. Please advice. Thanks, Deep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakpv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated search within file

Hi, I have following problem. I have a file with time stamps and some data describing what happened between time stamps. Something like this: 10:00 meeting with K meeting with L 11:00 lunch 12:00 work with K 13:00 From this file I have to get a file with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmike
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file between last occurence of 2 strings

I need to extract the last block of /== START OF SQLPLUS ==/ and /== END OF SQLPLUS ==/. The logifle is written to several times in a day using >> to append. I need a solution using grep/sed. logfile looks like this START OF LOGFILE /== START OF SQLPLUS ==/ ERROR /== END OF SQLPLUS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanton
5 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Complicated SED search required

Hi All, I'm trying to extract all the description fields from a MIB file which contain multiple instances of the following text: ENTERPRISE compaq VARIABLES { sysName, cpqHoTrapFlags, cpqSsBoxCntlrHwLocation, cpqSsBoxCntlrIndex, cpqSsBoxBusIndex,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Search replace - complicated

I have a text file for which i need a script which does some fancy search and replace. Basically i want to loop through each line, if i find an occurance of certain string format then i want to carry on search on replace another line, once i replaced this line i will contine to search for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple Strings in a File

Hi I want to search multiple strings in a file . But the search should start with "From" Keyword and end with before "Where" keyword. Please suggest me. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboss
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extended replacing of nonspecific strings in text files [beware complicated !]

Well, to make another post at this helpful forum :b::D: I recently tried something like this, I want to replace all those numberings/letters that are located between <string>file://localhost/var/mobile/Applications/ and /Documents/</string> numberings =---- replace with: first... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search strings from array in second file

I have a file search_strings.txt filled with search strings which have a blank in between and look like this: S. g. Erh. o. J. v. d. Chijs g. Ehr.I would like to search the strings in the second given Textfile.txt and it shall return the column number. Can anybody help with the correct... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies
XML2AG(1)							Programmer's Manual							 XML2AG(1)

NAME
xml2ag - XML to AutoGen Definiton Converter SYNOPSIS
xml2ag [-flag [value]]... [--opt-name [[=| ]value]]... [ <def-file> ] This program will convert any arbitrary XML file into equivalent AutoGen definitions, and invoke AutoGen. DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the xml2ag command. The template will be derived from either: * the --override-tpl command line option * a top level XML attribute named, "template" One or the other must be provided, or the program will exit with a failure message. The "base-name" for the output will similarly be either: * the --base-name command line option * the base name of the .xml file OPTIONS
-O file, --output=file Output file in lieu of AutoGen processing. By default, the output is handed to an AutoGen for processing. However, you may save the definitions to a file instead. -L dir, --templ-dirs=dir Template search directory list. This option may appear an unlimited number of times. Pass-through AutoGen argument -T tpl-file, --override-tpl=tpl-file Override template file. Pass-through AutoGen argument -l tpl-file, --lib-template=tpl-file Library template file. This option may appear an unlimited number of times. Pass-through AutoGen argument -b name, --base-name=name Base name for output file(s). Pass-through AutoGen argument --definitions=file Definitions input file. Pass-through AutoGen argument -S file, --load-scheme=file Scheme code file to load. Pass-through AutoGen argument -F file, --load-functions=file Load scheme function library. Pass-through AutoGen argument -s suffix, --skip-suffix=suffix Omit the file with this suffix. This option may appear an unlimited number of times. Pass-through AutoGen argument -o suffix, --select-suffix[=suffix] specify this output suffix. This option may appear an unlimited number of times. Pass-through AutoGen argument --source-time set mod times to latest source. Pass-through AutoGen argument -m, --no-fmemopen Do not use in-mem streams. Pass-through AutoGen argument --equate=char-list characters considered equivalent. Pass-through AutoGen argument --writable, --not-writable Allow output files to be writable. The not-writable form will disable the option. Pass-through AutoGen argument --loop-limit=lim Limit on increment loops. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The value of lim is constrained to being: exactly -1, or in the range 1 through 0x1000000 The default lim for this option is: 256 Pass-through AutoGen argument -t time-lim, --timeout=time-lim Time limit for servers. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The value of time-lim is constrained to being: in the range 0 through 3600 Pass-through AutoGen argument --trace=level tracing level of detail. This option takes a keyword as its argument. The argument sets an enumeration value that can be tested by comparing them against the option value macro. The available keywords are: nothing debug-message server-shell templates block-macros expressions everything or their numeric equivalent. The default level for this option is: nothing Pass-through AutoGen argument --trace-out=file tracing output file or filter. Pass-through AutoGen argument --show-defs Show the definition tree. Pass-through AutoGen argument --used-defines Show the definitions used. Pass-through AutoGen argument -D value, --define=value name to add to definition list. This option may appear an unlimited number of times. Pass-through AutoGen argument -U name-pat, --undefine=name-pat definition list removal pattern. This option may appear an unlimited number of times. Pass-through AutoGen argument -?, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Extended usage information passed thru pager. -v [{v|c|n}], --version[={v|c|n}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. AUTHOR
Bruce Korb Please send bug reports to: autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net Released under the GNU General Public License. This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the xml2ag option definitions. (GNU AutoGen 5.9.7) 2010-07-05 XML2AG(1)