Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Two Servers via ethernet crossover cable Post 302419637 by Corona688 on Friday 7th of May 2010 04:21:19 PM
Old 05-07-2010
This:
Code:
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

...is odd. On my systems I have
Code:
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

It really doesn't believe the cable's plugged in. The LED's might just be hardwired. mii-tool talks with the transceiver itself, so it's the one I'd trust... Very strange that it autonegotiated a 100baseT link with a 1000baseT peer.

Have you tried a normal cable, not a crossover cable? I've sometimes experienced odd behavior with ports capable of autodetecting the cable type. You might also try forcing the speed and duplex, gigabit links often have problems negotiating -- though if you've discovered a gigabit interface that's incapable of negotiating with itself that's certainly something new! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Normal (not crossover) cable for Sun cluster interconnect..

Hi grus, has anybody tried for Sun cluster interconnect normal cable ,, I mean not interconnect .. What do u think ..does it support this ? Not long ago I tried Veritas cluster and its interconnections work great with normal cable .. I wonder what will Sun cluster say to it :)) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samar
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

[RHEL4.5] server shutdown when I unplug the ethernet cable

hi.. I unplug my eth0 lan cable.. and suddenly my system shutdown... no idea :eek::confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to handle unplugging ethernet cable in socket programming

Hi, I am trying to implement a server-client socket communication. My server and clients are in different PCs. During communications if the ethernet cable is removed from the server side it shows broken pipe due to unable to write on the socket. I want to know how to check whether the ethernet... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JagadishB
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client)?

how to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
0 Replies

6. Programming

How detect TCP/IP socket shutdown when ethernet cable is disconnected

Hi, I want to code TCP/IP client/server in linux application capable to fastly detect ethernet cable disconnection in any condition. So I have activate SO_KEEPALIVE options and set TCP_KEEPCNT, TCP_KEEPIDLE and TCP_KEEPINTVL to 1. When I disconnect ethernet cable I have the following... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeje_clb
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Different hostnames with reboot while lan cable, no lan cable

I am facing strange problem regarding hostname on my Linux(2.6.18-164.el5xen x86_64 GNU/Linux), the hostname changes if reboot with lan cable and with NO lan cable Reboot with lan cable: The hostname is ubunut Unable to connect Oracle database using sqlplus some times database is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

8. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to check the ethernet status for vlan and lhea adapter in client servers?

Hi Techies, I have a doubt. ent0 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent1 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent2 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent3 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent4 Available... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadeava
4 Replies
LIEBERT(8)							    NUT Manual								LIEBERT(8)

NAME
liebert - Driver for Liebert contact-closure UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the liebert driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
This driver supports some Liebert UPS equipment with a contact-closure interface. This includes the UPStation GXT2 with their contact-closure cable. The smart mode ("Multilink") cable is not supported by this driver. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver does not support any extra settings in the ups.conf(5). BUGS
This driver does not yet support shutdowns by raising DTR. Be aware that shutdowns are not possible with the stock contact-closure cable. You may have to build another cable with DTR connected through to the UPS for it to work. There is no way for this driver to detect the hardware or cable. It will start up successfully even if no UPS is present. This is a fundamental limitation of any contact-closure driver. SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 LIEBERT(8)