Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to scroll through the man page in Solaris Post 302419329 by paragkalra on Friday 7th of May 2010 12:09:17 AM
Old 05-07-2010
How to scroll through the man page in Solaris

Hey All,

I generally login to the Solaris box using Putty. But when I read a man page, I am not being able to scroll line by line using traditional 'j' or 'k' keys.

Any idea about how can we scroll through line by line while reading a manage page over Putty

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way scroll text instead of page?

Is there a way to slowly scroll the output of a file instead of page or cat ? Instead of one page at a time, I would like to slowly scroll the displayed output of the file. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you create a man page?

i've never done this before. i created a script that I placed in /usr/bin, but want to create a man page for it. i'm clueless thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding a man page

I was wonderiong if ther is a way for a user to add a man page specific to thier account. similar to copying the .1 or .1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1 "cp *.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1". Except for using another folder as I don't have access to /usr/share/man/man1. I would think that this might involve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacob358
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

scp-1.2.27 man page

Hi Guys, I'm looking for the man page for scp version 1.2.27 I have an old redhat server that has a few large scripts that use this version and I want to know what the -A flag does and the man page is not on there. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

man page issue

Man page is not working my system. It is giving the following the following error > man ls gdbm fatal: read error with debug option > man -d ls ... .... ... ... using less as pager checking for locale en_US add_nls_manpath(): processing /usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar_l
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to get help from man page

Help, it seem that i am unable to get man help form solaris 10. I am running SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc when ever i try to man a command what i get is "No manual entry" like the one below. # man grep No manual entry for grep. # man ls No manual entry for ls.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating Custom man Page in Solaris

Hello experts, I'm creating a custom man page. I have two unix boxes - one Hp & the other Solaris On HP, I simply moved the .Z file to /usr/man/man7.Z/ and after that "man myPage" worked. I then tried to do the same on Solaris. First thing is the relevant directory seemed to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhar_423
1 Replies

8. Solaris

man page question

What does the last change means in man page .. does that this man page has not been updated since 2003 or something else ? newfs-options The options are documented in the newfs man page. SunOS 5.10 Last change: 9 Dec 2003 1 System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

UZoo ad disabling scroll on page

The ad for UZoo disables scrolling. Very annoying (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
0 Replies
curs_scroll(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    curs_scroll(3)

NAME
curs_scroll, scroll, scrl, wscrl - Scroll a Curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll( WINDOW *win ); int scrl( int n ); int wscrl( WINDOW *win, int n ); LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses) STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: scrl, wscrl, scroll: XCURSES4.2 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen is scrolled at the same time. The scrl and wscrl routines, for positive n, scroll the current or specified window up n lines (line i+n becomes line i); otherwise, these routines scroll the window down n lines. This operation involves moving the lines in the window character-image structure. The routines do not change the current cursor position. For the scroll, scrl, and wscrl functions to work, the scrollok option must be enabled. NOTES
The header file <curses.h> automatically includes the header file <stdio.h>. Note that scrl may be a macro. RETURN VALUES
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and OK upon successful completion. SEE ALSO
Functions: curses(3), curs_outopts(3) Others: standards(5) curs_scroll(3)