Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: break: cannot break
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting break: cannot break Post 302419298 by karlochacon on Thursday 6th of May 2010 07:56:04 PM
Old 05-06-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by alister
I would just prompt the user to press enter when done. The read will set whichcmd to an empty string, and you can test that to break the loop.

Code:
read whichcmd
[ "$whichcmd" ] || break

Regards,
Alister

not possible since like I said it is a basic command line so user can execute

pwd cd ifconfig ......

so he needs to press enter every time he runs a command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO break a line

hi All, Have a doubt in ksh..Am not familiar with arrays but i have tried out a script.. plzzzzz correct me with the script My i/p File is: (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (Host = 192.168.2.2) (Port = 1525) ) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = TESTDB1) ) ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

break out of 'if'

is it possible? because i still need to keep on reading even though i don't want to read that particular line (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
7 Replies

3. Solaris

send break

Does anyone know how to send break on a Blade 100? I'm using a serial cable on my laptop and I can see the system boot up just fine, but I want to send break so i can have it boot from cdrom instead of disk. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: em23
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break command

have a query on this break. I am using a program where I am using a while loop to execute it. It will get into a file take the first file and then ping it and if the ip is reachable then it will mail. Now what happens is that when i ping the ip it does nopt come out of the loop and it says "reply... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to break record

I have this script lines #!/usr/bin/bash my_path=`dirname $0` I_table=$1 echo $I_table in I_table entry going is ccc_con,cc_gui I want to break content of I_table in S_Table and T_table on basis of comma as separtor (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on page break

Hi, i have a file say samp.s which has 123 a b c d 123 e f g h 123 i j k l 123 m n o p 234 a b c d 234 e f g h 234 i j k l the first 3 characters in each line are considered the key values i have one more file temp.txt which has 123 234 i want to have a page break in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break down a string

I am wondering how can I take a variable that may have multiple items of data and to use each one indenpendently. For example lets say that.... data=/lcl/apps/trm, /lcl/apps/wwe, /prd/sse/qwe, /lcl/ppe/eer Now I would like to be able to process each item found within the data string. As... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to break cat

Greetings. cat $name$telephonenumber >> telephonebook.txtI would like to break cat with the command 'break'. Pretty hard to understand huh? So to clarify it: echo "If you want to stop adding datas to your telephonebook please type 'break' if #this part is probably not good then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhist
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break vs Continue

Okay so I am having trouble understand what the computer will do with a code like this if ; then echo echo "Found the file" blah blah blah for i in `blah blah blah` ; do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade917
2 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-L | -P] DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin pwd command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The options are as follows: -L Display the logical current working directory. -P Display the physical current working directory (all symbolic links resolved). If no options are specified, the -L option is assumed. ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables used by pwd: PWD Logical current working directory. EXIT STATUS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), cd(1), csh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) STANDARDS
The pwd utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster because it is built into that shell. However, it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a containing directory was moved after the shell descended into it. The -L option does not work unless the PWD environment variable is exported by the shell. BSD
April 12, 2003 BSD