Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file not found (SOS)
Operating Systems Solaris file not found (SOS) Post 302419280 by System Shock on Thursday 6th of May 2010 05:35:11 PM
Old 05-06-2010
... or maybe just try ./vmed in the directory vmed resides?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(SOS) Please help !

Does anybody can help me with the definition of "terminal" DTE and DCE in context to Unix ?. This has something to do with devices in Unix. I need it asap. Thank you very much !:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aqua_jan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[sos]How to resure my system.

Yesterday,I have a unnormal shutdown of my SCO Unix system,when I boot again,There are lots of Errors (e.g policy manager error, ifor_pmd error etc.),Most seriously,I can use my "CC" compiler: when I compile my *.c files. Who Can Help Me ! Please Don't spare your instructions! Thanks a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dingxf
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sos Sos

INPUT---> USER | User1 | DisplayName1 | HomeTown1 | 987654321 | 27-07-1991 | M i want to separate out all the fields of the file which has the format specified above , with the use of awk. I was writing that to the mysql by batch-file. But now there is problem , in databse i have defined the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sos

Dear "expert", I need to know the command syntax to get the last field of the line below using shell or awk. MD5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lee Soon Yau
4 Replies

5. Solaris

sun connect :SOS

hi all, does someone have any information about "sun connect" (like documentation , web site , forums , explanations .....) ? because i will need this software in my job & i don't know how to use it :o (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SOS whit SED

Hello, I know how to get a solution of a filtering problem with AWK, but i need change default field separator by a regular expression. awk -F "xxx" What i want to do is take a stranza as a field, so the field separator must be a EMPTY line. Does anybody how to do that?? a example: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antuan
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

sos about swpackage AND swinstall

hi all, I just want to make a depot package.All steps: 1. make a psf file # PSF which define the myutil product depot layout_version 1.0 tag ddmi_linux_installer title ddmi_linux_installer # Product definition vendor tag HP title Hewlett-Packard Company product tag... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lb1111830
0 Replies
FS_WHEREIS(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_WHEREIS(1)

NAME
fs_whereis - Reports each file server housing a file or directory SYNOPSIS
fs whereis [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs whe [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs whereis command returns the name of each file server machine that houses the volume containing each directory or file named by the -path argument. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each AFS file or directory for which to return the host file server machine. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output includes a line for each specified directory or file. It names the file server machine on which the volume that houses the specified directory or file resides. A list of multiple machines indicates that the directory or file is in a replicated volume. Machine names usually have a suffix indicating their cell membership. If the cell is not clear, use the fs whichcell command to display the cell in which the directory or file resides. To display the cell membership of the local machine, use the fs wscell command. EXAMPLES
The following example indicates that volume housing the directory /afs/abc.com resides is replicated on both "fs1.abc.com" and "fs3.abc.com": % fs whereis -path /afs/abc.com File /afs/abc.com is on hosts fs1.abc.com fs3.abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
fs_whichcell(1), fs_wscell(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_WHEREIS(1)