Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search files with owner having execute permission Post 302419161 by Scott on Thursday 6th of May 2010 11:39:18 AM
Old 05-06-2010
Code:
find . -type f -perm -100 -ls

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission, owner and group

hello I search a script (ksh for Aix 5.3) to save all permissions, groups and owner for all files. Because we work much to change it, and a mystake ......! So i want execute this script to save/ execute permissions for all files. If you have this script, thank you for your help ;) best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

2. Programming

how I know owner of file and its permission through c program

Helo I havea particular file. how I know ownerof the file as well as file permission using c program. Regards, Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How UNIX admin set up this? how files of 744 of other owner can be removed by another owner?

Hi all, We have some files are under 744 permissions and the the owner is say owner1 and group1. Now we have another user owner2 of group2, owner2 can remove files of the owner1 and the permission of those files are 744, unix admin told us he did some config at his side so we can do that. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGunMan
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using find to search for any owner having execute permissions.

Hi I need help. I need to use find (or grep I don't care) to recursively search for files who have any kind of executable permissions (group and/or owner and/or other). I am looking for *.c and *.h This what I am using now: find . -name *.h -perm -111 -print but I don't want to retype that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dissectcode
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search any user files with write permission

Guys, i wanna get any user files with write permission (on user or group permission) for review but i confuse with -perm parameter. any body can help me to explain what is that mean? thank's (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michlix
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

owner Permission changed automatically

HI all, We had created new user using the command useradd -d /home/selva -s /usr/local/bin/bash selva. But it didnt created the home directory on /home. So i manually created, copied skel files manually and changed the owner from root to selva. At the same time i observed that so many files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allow user without dir write permission to execute a script that creates files

In our project we have several unix scripts that trigger different processes. These scripts write logs to a particular folder 'sesslogs', create output data files in a separate directory called 'datafiles' etc. Usually L1 support team re-run these scripts . We donot want L1 support team to have... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
14 Replies

8. AIX

How to set owner and permission for files/directory in directory in this case?

Hi. My example: I have a filesystem /log. Everyday, log files are copied to /log. I'd like to set owner and permission for files and directories in /log like that chown -R log_adm /log/* chmod -R 544 /log/*It's OK, but just at that time. When a new log file or new directory is created in /log,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find list of files missing read & execute permission

Hi, I'm writing a post-upgrade script and I want to find which files don't have read and execute to everyone. I can run a find . ! -perm, but then I have to use a list of the possible permissions (777,775, 755 etc). Is there a more elegant solution? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catullus
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for files owned by particular owner and group

I am searchingfor files owned by particular owner and group in a particular directory including its sub-directories. I use find <dir> -user <user> -group <group> -exec ls -l {} \; It does not work completely. In the sense is a subdirectory is owned by 'user' and group 'group' then all... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
9 Replies
ACL_GET_PERM_NP(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					ACL_GET_PERM_NP(3)

NAME
acl_get_perm_np -- check if a permission is set in a permission set LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/acl.h> int acl_get_perm_np(acl_permset_t permset_d, acl_perm_t perm); DESCRIPTION
The acl_get_perm_np() function is a non-portable function that checks if a permission is set in a permission set. RETURN VALUES
If the permission in perm is set in the permission set permset_d, a value of 1 is returned, otherwise a value of 0 is returned. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_get_perm_np() function will return a value of -1 and set global variable errno to the cor- responding value: [EINVAL] Argument perm does not contain a valid ACL permission or argument permset_d is not a valid ACL permset. SEE ALSO
acl(3), acl_add_perm(3), acl_clear_perms(3), acl_delete_perm(3), acl_get_permset(3), acl_set_permset(3), posix1e(3) STANDARDS
POSIX.1e is described in IEEE POSIX.1e draft 17. AUTHORS
Michael Smith Chris D. Faulhaber BSD
April 10, 2001 BSD