Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Novice seeking advice in getting started with FreeBSD Post 302419160 by Puppetjacks on Thursday 6th of May 2010 11:38:18 AM
Old 05-06-2010
Much appreciated, Many thanks. will try it now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Question From a Novice

HELLO GUYS, How u all guys doing?Recently I brought a system and installed Red Hat Linux in it. I have also got a network card. My question is can i connect NIC to my system and use it as a client? I really don't want to buy another system. I want to use this computer/system both as server and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyno
0 Replies

2. Programming

novice student needs help

Help! I am very stuck!!! I have to produce a practical implementation of ONC RPC for an assignment and I do not know where to start. I hve done much searching on sun's site but everything is too complicated for someone with my limited knowledge. I only know the very basic unix commands and have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karen79
1 Replies

3. Linux

Hi I M Novice User

hi everyone i m a novice user . just want to know how to use this website and also learn unix from the basics. can any one help me please.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MSK
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem for novice

Hi, I am observing a problem wiht my script. I tokk that part and executed from the command prompt. Below is the command the error. CAn any one suggest what should be done here. if ($cnt -lt $maxcnt) then echo deepu fi ksh: 0: not found Thanks in advance (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaksamuel
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just started linux any advice??

well i just got into this and really dont know anything so if anyone has any reccomendations like books/sites/forums/or just general advice or if anyone wants to help me get started i would really appreciate it thank you very much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necrons
6 Replies

6. Solaris

New to solaris (novice)

Heya all Im just reading up on the solaris o/s and have a few questions regarding it: 1) is the solaris of free to use/download? if yes where? 2) Can the solaris o/s be loaded from CD without affectin windows o/s just like linux can? 3) what are the hardware requirements for using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new214
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NEW to Unix (novice)

Heya all Im just reading up on the solaris o/s and unix and i just have the following qustions 1) is the solaris o/s the same as Unix if not how are they different - i.e. are they different operating systems? 2) Can the Unix be loaded from CD without affectin windows o/s just like linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new214
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a little script - novice

I am just learning unix and need some help. I am trying to display all of the files I have modified within the last 24 hours and sort them from the most recently modified. I can't figure it out.. I've been using a lot of ls and find commands. Here are some things I've tried: find . -mtime -1 |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mredwin3
4 Replies

9. Programming

Novice in C needs help

Guys can you help me ? I'm novice in C but I have a lot of will to master C. Each gurney starts with first step O.K. My problem is to compare two integers entered by user I know how to set up conditions and problem is how to print correct value (grater number) // This program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
5 Replies

10. Hardware

Seeking advice on onboard graphic card

Hi all, I'm prepared building a new PC for testing ONLY. I don't game. Neither I'll do graphic editing on the new box. There are about 30 VMs installed running VirtualBox as virtualizer but not all of them running at the same time. Most VMs are servers. I do configuration on terminal with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
4 Replies
WIRELESS(7)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       WIRELESS(7)

NAME
wireless - Wireless Tools and Wireless Extensions SYNOPSIS
iwconfig iwpriv -a DESCRIPTION
The Wireless Extensions is an API allowing you manipulate Wireless LAN networking interfaces. It is composed of a variety of tools and configuration files. It is documented in more detail in the Linux Wireless LAN Howto. The Wireless Tools are used to change the configuration of wireless LAN networking interfaces on the fly, to get their current configura- tion, to get statistics and diagnose them. They are described in their own man page, see below for references. Wireless configuration is specific to each Linux distribution. This man page will contain in the future the configuration procedure for a few common distributions. For the time being, check the file DISTRIBUTIONS.txt included with the Wireless Tools package. DEBIAN 3.0 In Debian 3.0 (and later) you can configure wireless LAN networking devices using the network configuration tool ifupdown(8). File : /etc/network/interfaces Form : wireless-<function> <value> wireless-essid Home wireless-mode Ad-Hoc See also : /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wireless-tools /usr/share/doc/wireless-tools/README.Debian SuSE 8.0 SuSE 8.0 (and later) has integrated wireless configuration in their network scripts. Tool : Yast2 File : /etc/sysconfig/network/wireless /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-* Form : WIRELESS_<function>=<value> WIRELESS_ESSID="Home" WIRELESS_MODE=Ad-Hoc See also : man ifup info scpm ORIGINAL PCMCIA SCRIPTS
If you are using the original configuration scripts from the Pcmcia package, you can use this method. File : /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts Form : *,*,*,*) ESSID="Home" MODE="Ad-Hoc" ;; See also : /etc/pcmcia/wireless File PCMCIA.txt part of Wireless Tools package AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), iwlist(8), iwspy(8), iwpriv(8), iwevent(8). wireless-tools 4 March 2004 WIRELESS(7)