Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking if the files in a directory have a txt extension Post 302418999 by nehashine on Thursday 6th of May 2010 02:59:04 AM
Old 05-06-2010
You can use :

Code:
foreach file (`ls`)
  echo $file | grep -q "\.txt"
  if ($status == 0 ) then
    echo "Skipping $file (is a txt file)"
  endif
end

Last edited by Scott; 05-06-2010 at 04:53 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking files extension

Hi, I need one line command to display all files that ends with .scr. Example: In a directory I have 10 files, out of that 4 files have filetype extension .dat and 4 files with .scr and 2 files with .txt.... In this i want to display only files that ends with .scr. I tried some commands,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all files except *.txt in a directory

I have many types of files (Eg: *.log, *.rpt, *.txt, *.dat) in a directory. I want to display all file types except *.txt. What is the command to display all files except "*.txt" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files with new extension in same directory

I've been able to find all the extensionless files named photos using the command: find /usr/local/apache/htdocs -name photos -print0 I need to copy those files to the name photos.php in their same directory. I've found a bunch of xarg examples for moving to other directories but I wasn't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rusty with cp command -- how to cp all .doc files with .txt extension

I'm rusty with cp, so I was wondering: is it possible to cp all the .doc files in a folder and make them .txt files? Can you use cp to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files with same name but different extension from 2 different directory

Hi all, i have 2 directory of files, the first directory(ext1directory) contain files of extension .ext1 and the second directory(allextdirectory) contains files of multiple extensions (.ext1,.ext2,.ext3,..) so i want to copy the files from directory 2(allextdirectory) that have the same name... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelladdict
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Giving files .txt extension

Hi there, I have around 145,000 files with no file extension in this directory - /home/adams/29: The file name varies but all end with a number from 0 - 9, e.g. TTFILE_BAT_235496, CCNHATA_RFC_23455 I want to give all these 145,000 .txt extension. Please how do I do that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Creems
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking in a directory how many files are present and basing on that merge all the files

Hi, My requirement is,there is a directory location like: :camp/current/ In this location there can be different flat files that are generated in a single day with same header and the data will be different, differentiated by timestamp, so i need to verify how many files are generated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old then remove

I need to write a script to : list files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old, save it in a file and then remove (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena keung
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files with specific extension in directory tree

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but a search didn't turn up a definitive best method for this (if there ever is such a thing). I have been using rsync to back up my main data directory, but I have accumulated a large number of older backups that I don't need. All of the files I don't... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save files in directory as txt

wget -x -i link.txt The above downloads and create unique entries for the 97 links in the text file. However, each new file is saved as CM080 with a FILE extention. Is there a way to convert each file in that directory to a .txt? The 97 files are in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)