Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking if the files in a directory have a txt extension Post 302418993 by pantelis on Thursday 6th of May 2010 02:45:12 AM
Old 05-06-2010
Checking if the files in a directory have a txt extension

Code:
    foreach file ($dir1/*)
        if ($file ~ *.txt) then
            echo "Skipping $file (is a txt file)"
        endif
    end

that should work right guys? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking files extension

Hi, I need one line command to display all files that ends with .scr. Example: In a directory I have 10 files, out of that 4 files have filetype extension .dat and 4 files with .scr and 2 files with .txt.... In this i want to display only files that ends with .scr. I tried some commands,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all files except *.txt in a directory

I have many types of files (Eg: *.log, *.rpt, *.txt, *.dat) in a directory. I want to display all file types except *.txt. What is the command to display all files except "*.txt" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files with new extension in same directory

I've been able to find all the extensionless files named photos using the command: find /usr/local/apache/htdocs -name photos -print0 I need to copy those files to the name photos.php in their same directory. I've found a bunch of xarg examples for moving to other directories but I wasn't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rusty with cp command -- how to cp all .doc files with .txt extension

I'm rusty with cp, so I was wondering: is it possible to cp all the .doc files in a folder and make them .txt files? Can you use cp to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files with same name but different extension from 2 different directory

Hi all, i have 2 directory of files, the first directory(ext1directory) contain files of extension .ext1 and the second directory(allextdirectory) contains files of multiple extensions (.ext1,.ext2,.ext3,..) so i want to copy the files from directory 2(allextdirectory) that have the same name... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelladdict
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Giving files .txt extension

Hi there, I have around 145,000 files with no file extension in this directory - /home/adams/29: The file name varies but all end with a number from 0 - 9, e.g. TTFILE_BAT_235496, CCNHATA_RFC_23455 I want to give all these 145,000 .txt extension. Please how do I do that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Creems
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking in a directory how many files are present and basing on that merge all the files

Hi, My requirement is,there is a directory location like: :camp/current/ In this location there can be different flat files that are generated in a single day with same header and the data will be different, differentiated by timestamp, so i need to verify how many files are generated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old then remove

I need to write a script to : list files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old, save it in a file and then remove (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena keung
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files with specific extension in directory tree

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but a search didn't turn up a definitive best method for this (if there ever is such a thing). I have been using rsync to back up my main data directory, but I have accumulated a large number of older backups that I don't need. All of the files I don't... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save files in directory as txt

wget -x -i link.txt The above downloads and create unique entries for the 97 links in the text file. However, each new file is saved as CM080 with a FILE extention. Is there a way to convert each file in that directory to a .txt? The 97 files are in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies
FPRINTF(3)								 1								FPRINTF(3)

fprintf - Write a formatted string to a stream

SYNOPSIS
int fprintf (resource $handle, string $format, [mixed $args], [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
Write a string produced according to $format to the stream resource specified by $handle. PARAMETERS
o $handle -A file system pointer resource that is typically created using fopen(3). o $format - See sprintf(3) for a description of $format. o $args - o $... - RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the string written. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fprintf(3): zero-padded integers <?php if (!($fp = fopen('date.txt', 'w'))) { return; } fprintf($fp, "%04d-%02d-%02d", $year, $month, $day); // will write the formatted ISO date to date.txt ?> Example #2 fprintf(3): formatting currency <?php if (!($fp = fopen('currency.txt', 'w'))) { return; } $money1 = 68.75; $money2 = 54.35; $money = $money1 + $money2; // echo $money will output "123.1"; $len = fprintf($fp, '%01.2f', $money); // will write "123.10" to currency.txt echo "wrote $len bytes to currency.txt"; // use the return value of fprintf to determine how many bytes we wrote ?> SEE ALSO
printf(3), sprintf(3), sscanf(3), fscanf(3), vsprintf(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group FPRINTF(3)