Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Assigning variables using awk Post 302418962 by posix on Thursday 6th of May 2010 12:39:57 AM
Old 05-06-2010
Thanks a lot zaxxon
I got a new solution..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning variables

Before I even attempt this, is it possible to grep for a pattern, maybe a partial sentence like "go to page 3", assign that to a variable and then use awk or something to pull out the 3 and assign it to a variable? So first I would have Gotopg = "go to page 3" then page = 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in assigning values to variables

Hi, I have some problem in assigning values to variables: This is what Iam literally doing: i=0 input=test temp$i = $input In the sense, I try to assign the value in the variable input (ie., test) to another variable temp0 (since i is assigned 0, temp$i is temp0). Seems simple, but I get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

assigning variables to their defaults

Hi, Is there any way to assign defaults values to the shell variables without reassigning them ( restarting the session) for example after login the value of ORACLE_HOME=/a/b/c i have changed this value from the console export ORACLE_HOME=/c/d now what if i want the value exported to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

variables not assigning in a function

Hi GUYS, I have function. I am assigning a line count to count variable. But it is throwing an error at this line. function_recur (){ #file being created in this function lenth = `wc -l function_outpu.dat`; echo $lenth; } this is the error i got rec.ksh: lenth: not found. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading and assigning variables

Hi Gurus, I have a file named log with 2 lines Each line is a file name. eg $ cat log monday tuesday I need to read log and assign each output(filename) to a different variable. The following doesn't work:- while read A B do echo " a is ${A} " echo " b is ${B} " done <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisdom
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning fields values to different variables

Hi, I have this code: cat file.txt | awk -F, 'NR==1{print $6","$8","$10","$20","$21","$19}' > file.tmp VAR1=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f1` VAR2=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f2` VAR3=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f3`; VAR4=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f4`; VAR5=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble Assigning AWK variables

Hi, I made an executable file in terminal and it looks like this. echo Enter the name of the file without the .wig extension read NAME echo Enter the ratio read RATIO awk '{$2*=$RATIO;{print $0}}' ${NAME}.wig > ${NAME}normalized.wig I have a file with several million lines that look... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyarosh
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variables

i have variables RECIPIENTS_DEVL,RECIPIENTS_UACC,RECIPIENTS_PROD i have a case statement to get the phase variable: case ${WMD_UPHASE1} in u) WMD_UPHASE4=UACC;; i) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; p) WMD_UPHASE4=PROD;; d) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; *) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; esac I am unable to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Variables

Hi, Can the below be clarified please. i just want to know what is the difference between the two ways of assigning variables as mentioned below. export SRC_TBL=${SRC_TBL-"MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG"} export SRC_TBL="MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG" thanks in advance :) Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies
DPTRFS(l)								 )								 DPTRFS(l)

NAME
DPTRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE DPTRFS( N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS DOUBLE PRECISION B( LDB, * ), BERR( * ), D( * ), DF( * ), E( * ), EF( * ), FERR( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
DPTRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and tridi- agonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. D (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. DF (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the factorization computed by DPTTRF. EF (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the factorization computed by DPTTRF. B (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by DPTTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (2*N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 DPTRFS(l)