Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications 2D collision simulation-programming Post 302418959 by techlinux on Wednesday 5th of May 2010 11:34:26 PM
Old 05-06-2010
Its Javascript

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access collision with shared file system

Hello ALL, In my system, there are 14 machines running the same version of Linux RHEL4. The 14 machines use a NFS file system, i.e., a shared file system. My question is that if the programs in individual machines can access a common file simutaneously. Or, they have to access the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix simulation

hello everybody.. im new to this forum.. i have sme basic knowledge about unix.. but not too much.. i would like to practice shell programs n perl using a unix simulator.. but then i don't know wht a unix simulator means? just a bald definition that it creates a unix working environment in windows... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esash
5 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

collision backoff algorithm

hi there, im new to this forum, so just like to day hello to everyone!!! i know im not aloud to post homework questions, but is it ok to ask for a formula to use to answer a question? i looking for a formula for collison backoff algorithm to find the average time to successfully transmit a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: purejoker
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote simulation and 'at' command

Hey, Task seems to be quite easy, but I'm still a bit green in shell scripting. I hope you can help me a bit. I have to run some simulation at the distance by remote terminal. Normally when I'm working on the server directly I just type: mpirun -np 8 compressibleInterFoam -parallel > log.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PiPrus
7 Replies

5. Programming

Simulation using C/C++ and Java

Hi, I'm just start to learning simulate a network protocol using C/C++ and Java from scratch. Actually, I want to make two nodes can communicate using TCP and UDP protocol, for example http connection and video streaming, respectively. Can anyone help me find several references or guidance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

OLSR simulation in ns2

# Create the simulator object that we need in order to run NS set ns # Set the parameters that we will use for wireless communications set val(chan) Channel/WirelessChannel ;# channel type set val(prop) Propagation/TwoRayGround ;# radio-propagation model set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amithkhandakar
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filename collision during backup

Hi, I am trying to backup all *.tar files from a legacy Linux to a portable harddrive. find . -name "*.tar" -exec cp {} /media/mypassport/backup \; I found that there are files with the same filenames and they were overwritten in the destination folder. They are coming from different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cornellhumphrey
4 Replies
GXINE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GXINE(1)

NAME
gxine - a GTK/GNOME frontend to the xine video player SYNOPSIS
gxine [options] [files or MRLs] DESCRIPTION
gxine plays MPEG system (audio and video) streams, MPEG elementary streams (e.g. .mp3, .mpa or .mpv files), MPEG transport streams, AVI files, ASF files, Quicktime files, (S)VCDs and DVDs - anything which xine-lib can handle. Typical usage looks like gxine some.mpg gxine -f dvd:// gxine dvd://home/user/dvd/my.iso Some directories and file names are not treated as ordinary files. They are: DVD A directory containing a DVD filesystem structure; or a UDF filesystem image, identified by file name ("*.iso"). VCD A cue file, identified by file name. You can override this by using file://full/path/to/file. OPTIONS
-A audio_driver --audio audio_driver Select which libxine audio driver to use. This setting is not permanent, but it does prevent selection of other drivers via the preferences window. -V video_driver --video video_driver Select which libxine video driver to use. This setting is not permanent, but it does prevent selection of other drivers via the preferences window. -S --no-splash Don't show the splash window during startup. -a --add Don't clear the playlist before adding any MRLs; start playing the first new MRL. -e --enqueue Don't clear the playlist before adding any MRLs; don't start playing the first new MRL. -f --full-screen Start in full-screen mode. -c Javascript --command Javascript Javascript command(s) to be executed immediately after starting up. -C KEY=VALUE --configure KEY=VALUE Set configuration item KEY to VALUE, e.g. "-c gui.window_size=100%". -v --verbose Verbose mode: output information about plugins, the video stream, commands executed etc. Repeat for more verbosity. FEATURES
There are a couple of features which aren't immediately obvious: in full-screen mode, you can right-click to get access to the menus, or middle-click to show or hide the player controls. SEE ALSO
http://www.xine-project.org/, <http://www.xine-project.org/> xine(1), totem(1), kaffeine(1). xine(5) for MRL syntax documentation (libxine >= 1.0.2). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Darren Salt <linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk>. It is based on an older version written by Philipp Matthias Hahn <pmhahn@titan.lahn.de> for Debian. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2006 The xine project 11 November 2006 GXINE(1)