Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl - CAPTURE query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - CAPTURE query Post 302418766 by gefa on Wednesday 5th of May 2010 10:58:29 AM
Old 05-05-2010
Hi thanks again,

the file will be something like as the text will be surrounded by quotes;

Code:
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,"1-this is a test",20
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,"2-this is a test",21

when I run

Code:
cat file.tmp | perl -pe 's/(([^,]*,){18}\w+)/$1,/'

it doesn't like the double quotes, I would want it to produce

something like

Code:
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,"1-","this is a test",20
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,"2"-"this is a test",21

---------- Post updated at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:56 AM ----------

Hopefully final question,

How do I call this from within a script so that it writes into a secondary file

e.g.,

Code:
my $tmpfile2=/tmp/tmpfile2.tmp;
cat /tmp/file.tmp | perl -pe 's/(([^,]*,){18}\w+)/$1,/' >> $tmpfile2

Last edited by Scott; 05-05-2010 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: Code tags please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lazy capture don't work (regexp in perl)

hello all im trying to capture only the first brackets but no matter what i do i keep capturing from the first brackets to the last one , here what i have : <% if (!Env.strLen(oidInvoice)); szDocumentTitle = Env.formatS("S",Env.getMsg("BP_INVOICE_ENUMERATION_CREATE_TITLE")) %> and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl query

a file test.dat has the following David Veterinarian John Orthopedist Jeff Dentist perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/;" test.dat ......will print David Jonh Jeff how does the part in double quotes work out.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query in perl

can any1 give me line by line explanation for the following perl script as i dunno perl .. n i have searched in google .. but still thn i wanna confirm my findings fro perl experts :mad: perl -e 'while (<>) { print; $num = 2 if /fail_halt/i; $num = 1 if (/failure/i && ($num < 1)); }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Perl - PostGreSql query

Guys, I guess, I posted something in the wrong forum. Here it is - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/67395-perl-postgrepsql-question.html Can you please help me with this? Regards, garric (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Query Regarding format

Hello people. I have got the following script QM=ARGV; open (CHS_OUT, "echo 'DISPLAY QSTATUS(SYSTEM.CLUSTER.MY.QUEUE) all'|runmqsc $qm|"); while (<CHS_OUT>) { if ( /QUEUE\(/ ) { $QueueName = ValueParser("QUEUE", 6); } if ( /IPPROCS\(/ ) { $InpProcs = ValueParser("IPPROCS", 8); #print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Capture system call error message.

Hi, I googled a bit, but could not find the answer to my problem. But I am sure it is a common issue. I have this code: #!/bin/perl -w #-d use strict; sub remsh_test() { my $host = $_; printf "\n----\n\n"; printf "remsh to $host with system call\n"; my $result = system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture date/time in seconds in PERL... Cant understand errors

I'm Using this script to find the time of a file. I'm very much new to PERL and found this script posted by some one on this forum. It runs perfectly fine, just that it gives me following errors with the accurate output as well. I jus want the output to be stored in another file so that i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture query returned values in file.

Hi All, I am connecting to Oracle DB from UNIX script. Want to capture all dates between start date and end date and store them in file. Once this is done, want to read dates one by one. How to achive this in UNIX and Oracle? Please let me know if you have any idea on the same. Thanks and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
4 Replies

9. Programming

Perl Query

Hi , Im using the below script to find the Good and Bad for the file permission. $rc=`find /etc/security/opasswd -perm 0600 -print -ls`; if($rc == 1) { print "GOOD: AD.1.8.4.1: The file /etc/security/opasswd exists and had permission 0600\n\n"; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture output of open pipe to a file in perl

Hi, I am trying to capture the output of the an open pipe in perl. but I am not sure how to do this. can some one please help me do that? Below is the script I am using (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies
YACC(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   YACC(1)

NAME
yacc -- an LALR(1) parser generator SYNOPSIS
yacc [-dlrtv] [-b file_prefix] [-o output_filename] [-p symbol_prefix] filename DESCRIPTION
Yacc reads the grammar specification in the file filename and generates an LR(1) parser for it. The parsers consist of a set of LALR(1) parsing tables and a driver routine written in the C programming language. Yacc normally writes the parse tables and the driver routine to the file y.tab.c. The following options are available: -b file_prefix Change the prefix prepended to the output file names to the string denoted by file_prefix. The default prefix is the character y. -d Cause the header file y.tab.h to be written. -l If the -l option is not specified, yacc will insert #line directives in the generated code. The #line directives let the C compiler relate errors in the generated code to the user's original code. If the -l option is specified, yacc will not insert the #line directives. Any #line directives specified by the user will be retained. -o output_filename Cause yacc to write the generated code to output_filename instead of the default file, y.tab.c. -p symbol_prefix Change the prefix prepended to yacc-generated symbols to the string denoted by symbol_prefix. The default prefix is the string yy. -r Cause yacc to produce separate files for code and tables. The code file is named y.code.c, and the tables file is named y.tab.c. -t Change the preprocessor directives generated by yacc so that debugging statements will be incorporated in the compiled code. -v Cause a human-readable description of the generated parser to be written to the file y.output. If the environment variable TMPDIR is set, the string denoted by TMPDIR will be used as the name of the directory where the temporary files are created. FILES
y.code.c y.tab.c y.tab.h y.output /tmp/yacc.aXXXXXXXXXX /tmp/yacc.tXXXXXXXXXX /tmp/yacc.uXXXXXXXXXX DIAGNOSTICS
If there are rules that are never reduced, the number of such rules is reported on standard error. If there are any LALR(1) conflicts, the number of conflicts is reported on standard error. BSD
May 24, 1993 BSD