Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to get address space size that a process is allowed to use Post 302418740 by Sendil Kumar on Wednesday 5th of May 2010 08:29:13 AM
Old 05-05-2010
How to get address space size that a process is allowed to use

Hi All,

From C++, I just want to find the address space size that a process is allowed to use. For ex, in 32 bit OS the allowed address space is 4GB and in 64 bit OS I guess this is 16GB or more.

I jsut want to find it in my C++ project. Is there any API calls that gives me such information.

Thanks,
Sendil

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the size of Process Address space.

Hello, Please help me to know, How to find out the how much amount of process addres space is required/is used for/by a process. Tnx & Regards Vishwa. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to increase memory size allowed to one process

Hi, I have migrated some processing from true64 --> AIX 5.3. my problem is to process large files in memory by diff or awk program. I need to load app. 1.3 GB of data into memory but it fails that there is not enough memory. I need following: diff file1 file2 orig. aix diff err... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Petr
2 Replies

3. Programming

Find Virtual address space size for process

Hi, I am looking to work on unix systems which include (hp-ux, ibm aix, solaris and linux). I want to get the total virtual address space of a process, the used virtual memory i am able to get without any problem. I have tried using getrlimit and getrlimit64, but that gives only ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiqbal
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can kernel process access user address space ?

Can kernel process access user address space ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

5. Web Development

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted

Any clues on how to get rid of this PHP error? PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /website/www/includes/functions_manpages.php on line 58 PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted(tried to allocate 401 bytes)

While running script I am getting an error like Few lines in data are not being processed. After googling it I came to know that adding such line would give some memory to it ini_set("memory_limit","64M"); my input file size is 1 GB. Is that memory limit is based on RAM we have on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

space not allowed in input

I have this script. (options is an array) It works fine. It responds fine to all items that are stored in the array. But when I press spacebar when I am asked for input. It will not give an error only run the function again. While I put : || ] in the script to capture the space. What am I missing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex400
6 Replies

8. Programming

PC RAM and process address space

Suppose I have 3 gb of ram and 250 gb hard disk in my pc. Now I wrote a simple C program having only one statement malloc() to allocate 4 gb of memory as 32 bit os can address 4gb address space then will the malloc succeed? If yes then how it will get extra 1 gb of memory? Does the process gets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Process holding /tmp space, need to know the process details

Hi , In a server /tmp has almost reached 75% and i can see the File system utilization is 48Mb only , so i believe some process is using the /tmp space. I would like to know which process is using /tmp space. # df -h /tmp Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on swap ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies
mvalid(2)							System Calls Manual							 mvalid(2)

NAME
mvalid() - check memory region for validity SYNOPSIS
Parameters addr The address of the region whose validity is to be checked. len The length in bytes of the region specified by the addr parameter. prot The desired access protection for the region. DESCRIPTION
The function checks the validity of a memory region. A region is considered to be valid if accesses of the requested type are allowed to all addresses in the region. The header file defines the following access options: The mapped region can be read. The mapped region can be written. The mapped region can be executed. The prot parameter can be any combination of and ORed together. RETURN VALUES
The function returns: Success. Accesses requiring the specified protection are allowed to all addresses within the specified range of addresses. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the function fails, may be set to one of the following values: The range specified by (addr, addr+len) is invalid for the process's address space, or the range specifies one or more unmapped pages, or one or more pages of the range disallows accesses of the specified protection. The prot parameter is invalid, or the addr parameter is not a multiple of the page size as returned by The range specified by (addr, addr+len) is invalid for the process's address space, or the range specifies one or more unmapped pages. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
mmap(2), mprotect(2), sysconf(2). mvalid(2)