Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: STDIN-perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting STDIN-perl Post 302418620 by bigben1220 on Tuesday 4th of May 2010 11:53:59 PM
Old 05-05-2010
Perfect!! Ok to switch it up and learn...

what is I wanted to divide the user input by 2?? THis is my code below...

I know /2 means divide by 2 correct?

[code]
print "The input array divided by 2 is as follows:\n"; foreach (@userArray)/2 {print}
my($sum,$avg) = &sumIt(@userArray);
print "Total:$sum\nAverage:$avg\n";
[code1]

thanks
ben

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

stdin

hi, how does a program know whether some data are available from stdin? I would like to make a program which could read its data from stdin and _if_there_is_nothing_at_stdin_ from a file which name is given as an argument. If there is nothing in stdin and no filename is given as argument,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marquis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection stdin

hello all, I need to create a password change utility for a database. I need to gather at the command line the username, password and database sid. I have the program currently doing this. What I would like to do is not have the new password appear on the screen when I do my read command.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whited05
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo with stdin

Why doesnt echo output the contents of the file abc.txt as shown below ? chid@athena:~$ cat abc.txt sssss chid@athena:~$ echo < abc.txt chid@athena:~$ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect STDIN

can you redirect STDIN with command arguments? I have tried this approach: # ./script -option <argument1> <argument2> 0<$2 # $2: ambiguous redirect Is this possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting to stdin

Hi, I'm having trouble with my script. I have to select different choices without any interaction from a menu that looks like : a - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx b - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx c - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx d - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I tried things like : echo "a" >&0 read < echo "a" but none worked. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
4 Replies

6. Programming

How to write to stdin of another program (program A -> [stdin]program B)

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question: ---------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write to stdin of another program (program A -> [stdin]program B)

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question: ---------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdin from fd 3-9?

Hi I'm trying to do something on the bash command line that I will later put into a bash shell script. I'm trying to take a program that reads stdin (using getline) and be able to keep it running in the background and fire "commands" to it. So what I thought I should do was to try taking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceguyeddie
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Apache+Perl: interruption of STDIN

Hello dear community! I have faced with a trouble which I trying to solve for a long time. I have service of video streaming. And I have web and video roles for servers. Video servers upload video using SWFUpload and then stream it. Issue became during uploading of video. In random time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sevmax
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

STDIN and STDOUT

Hallo, i have a script like: if ;then echo "OK" else echo "ERROR $2 is missing" fi; if ;then touch $2 fi; if ;then cat $1 | grep xy > $2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eightball
1 Replies
XmScrollVisible(library call)											     XmScrollVisible(library call)

NAME
XmScrollVisible -- A ScrolledWindow function that makes an invisible descendant of a ScrolledWindow work area visible SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/ScrolledW.h> void XmScrollVisible( Widget scrollw_widget, Widget widget, Dimension left_right_margin, Dimension top_bottom_margin); DESCRIPTION
XmScrollVisible makes an obscured or partially obscured widget or gadget descendant of a ScrolledWindow work area visible. The function re- positions the work area and sets the specified margins between the widget and the nearest viewport boundary. The widget's location relative to the viewport determines whether one or both of the margins must be adjusted. This function requires that the XmNscrollingPolicy of the ScrolledWindow widget be set to XmAUTOMATIC. scrollw_widget Specifies the ID of the ScrolledWindow widget whose work area window contains an obscured descendant. widget Specifies the ID of the widget to be made visible. left_right_margin Specifies the margin to establish between the left or right edge of the widget and the associated edge of the viewport. This margin is established only if the widget must be moved horizontally to make it visible. top_bottom_margin Specifies the margin to establish between the top or bottom edge of the widget and the associated edge of the viewport. This margin is established only if the widget must be moved vertically to make it visible. For a complete definition of ScrolledWindow and its associated resources, see XmScrolledWindow(3) RELATED
XmScrolledWindow(3). XmScrollVisible(library call)