Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with Unix Software on Windows Post 302418410 by sundaresanv on Tuesday 4th of May 2010 08:26:24 AM
Old 05-04-2010
Thanks for the quick help. will this "WinVI" help me in running unix commands and scripts. Can you give me the setup or installation?

---------- Post updated at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:21 AM ----------

Hi Scott,

need a guidance on unix software which i can install in windows and run the commands(an unix enbironment).

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home?

I used to have trendmicro I used it for free when I worked with a previous company, when I left I had to uninstall it and switched to using Zone Alarm. I tell you on some days I really want to pull my hair out when my PC really works like a snail and sometimes really so unresponsive for up to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
20 Replies

2. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need suggestions on Virtual Machine software for Windows

Hi, I am currently having an issue with Virtualbox. It, at one point in time, worked like a charm. Then my internal 500GB HD failed in my PC. It was under warranty and I sent off for another one but did not want to pay for the expedited shipping nor did I want to wait a few weeks to get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I create Windows repair software in USB rather than CD?

My CD drive isn't working. So, is there any way to create windows recovery/repair software in flash drive/usb. This is the s/w which we use if system fails to boot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Automating an UNIX Based Software Package on Windows

The company I am with is using Oracle Supply Chain Planing 8.12.1 with JDE 8.12. This is a Unix based system running on Windows Servers using Hummingbird Exceed Version 14 for interactive processing We are currently attempting to automate the Advance Planning Agent flows on a couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfaloney
2 Replies
gtkhtml-editor-test(1)						   User Commands					    gtkhtml-editor-test(1)

NAME
gtkhtml-editor-test - A simple html editor for libgtkhtml. SYNOPSIS
gtkhtml-editor-test DESCRIPTION
gtkhtml-editor-test is a light-weight html editor for testing libgtkhtml-editor(3). It contains all the features that libgtkhtml-editor provides. It can be used to create a message in plaintext or HTML format. These features are used by the evolution(1). application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevolution-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
evolution(1), libgtkhtml-editor(3), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Jul 2008 gtkhtml-editor-test(1)