Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quota on a directory in RHEL
Operating Systems Linux Quota on a directory in RHEL Post 302418327 by fugitive on Tuesday 4th of May 2010 01:34:14 AM
Old 05-04-2010
Quota on a directory in RHEL

How can i put quota on a directory in Linux ( /data ) my file systems are not mounted with quota option and i cannot reboot the system also. I read somewhere to do this via linux virtual file system .. just wanted to have
opinion on it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quota

I'm new to Unix and I'm trying to determin how much space I have on this system. the box is dedicated to Oracle and I log in as the oracle user and type quota. It retrunes nothing. Then I log on as root and type quota -v oracle.. It returns nothing! Gosh this is actually a solaris 5.7 box. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarthda
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I increase the disk quota for a directory?

I know very basic Unix commands s I would really appreciate the assistance of a Unix guru. I am installing an application on a Sun server, when attempting to install I get an error that says I do not have enough space allocated for my install directory (/ACEMS). Error says it has 7235m but needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhack
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Difference between RHEL 3 AND RHEL 4

Anybody, let me know major differences between RHEL 3 & 4 . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi_13
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Integrate RHEL with Active Directory

Hi All, I have been given the task of integrating Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS and Mac OSX) with a Windows Server 2012 A.D. if anyone has done this before help would be very much appreciated, I have been looking at using either Samba with Win-bind or SSSD, if anyone has tested this please... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuffer1984
9 Replies

7. Red Hat

FTP:DELE not deleting directory in RHEL.

Hi, I have a FTP which I am accessing from both RHEL 6.4 and Solaris 10. Strange thing is happening when I am trying to delete a directory in both machines using DELE command, in Solaris operation is successful but RHEL 6.4 is throwing error: 550 Delete operation failed (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows->RHEL->RHEL X11 Forwarding?

I know this question might have been asked a lot but couldn't find anything that worked. From a windows machine 'A' I can only SSH into Linux server 'B' from where I can SSH into another Linux server 'C'. I need to be able to run GUI interfaces on server C which run on my Windows machine. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr.prasan
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Is it possible to install RHEL 7 on top of RHEL 6?

Hi We have RHEL 6.7 on an HP physical server and want to install RHEL 7 (not upgrade) on top of it by means of virtualization. Is it possible to install/configure RHEV/KVM virtualization on base RHEL 6.7 OS instance and then install RHEL 7 as a VM guest on it? If yes, could you please guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies
quota(1)						      General Commands Manual							  quota(1)

NAME
quota - displays disk usage and limits SYNOPSIS
quota [-agGuUqv] quota [-a] [-g] [groupname] [-qv] quota [-a] [-G] [groupID] [-qv] quota [-a] [-u] [username] [-qv] quota [-a] [-U] [userID] [-qv] OPTIONS
Displays quota information for all mounted file systems: those in the /etc/fstab file and those mounted manually or with automount. The -q option takes precedence over the -a option. When specified without the groupname argument, displays group quotas for groups of which you are a member. Displays group quotas for the group when you specify groupname. When specified without the groupID argument, displays group quotas for groups of which you are a member. Displays group quotas for the group when you specify groupID. Displays only your user quotas (the default) when specified without the username argument. Displays user quotas for the user when you specify username. Displays only your user quotas (the default) when specified without the userID argument. Displays user quotas for the user when you specify userID. Displays information only for file systems that have disk quotas and where usage is over quota. Takes precedence over the -v and -a options. Displays quota information for all mounted file systems that are specified in the /etc/fstab file. Quota information is dis- played for each file system whether or not quotas are enabled for it. The -q option takes precedence over the -v option. DESCRIPTION
The quota command displays disk space usage and limits. Disk quotas are displayed as 1 kilobyte blocks. By default, only your user quotas are displayed. If you use the -g or the -G option without an argument, the quota command displays group quotas for groups of which you are a member. Unless you use the -v option, the quota command reports only on file systems listed in /etc/fstab that have disk quotas and under which you have files. If quota exits with a status of 1, one or more file systems are over quota. If quota exits with a status of 2, there are sys- tem errors. NOTES
The term file system represents either a UFS file system or an AdvFS fileset. Do not use both a user and a group option in the same command. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use the optional username or userID argument to view information about another user, or to use the optional groupname or groupID argument to view information about a group to which you do not belong. FILES
Contains user quotas for each file system. Contains group quotas for each file system. Contains file system names and locations. SEE ALSO
edquota(8), quot(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), quotaoff(8), repquota(8), quotactl(2), fstab(4) quota(1)