Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZFS Root Import Access
Operating Systems Solaris ZFS Root Import Access Post 302418042 by solaris_user on Sunday 2nd of May 2010 05:19:53 PM
Old 05-02-2010
Did you looked at ZFS administration guide

Mounting ZFS File Systems (Solaris ZFS Administration Guide) - Sun Microsystems

Here you have instructions how to mount ZFS tank

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to access root priveliges if root password is lost

wish to know how to access root password it root password is forgotten in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Export/import ZFS ACL's

I've been wondering about this one, is there any way to do the following with ZFS ACL's (i.e. "copy" the ACL over to another file)? getfacl /bla/dir1 | setfacl -f - /bla/dir2 I know about inheritence on dirs, it doesn't work in this scenario I'm working on. Just looking to copy the ACL's. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimes
3 Replies

3. Solaris

unable to import zfs pool

# zpool import pool: emcpool1 id: 5596268873059055768 state: UNAVAIL status: One or more devices are missing from the system. action: The pool cannot be imported. Attach the missing devices and try again. see: Sun Message ID: ZFS-8000-3C config: emcpool1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

5. Solaris

ZFS root Issue

I jumpstarted a solaris sun4u box from WANboot and it completed but while coming up it gives following error and panics Use is subject to license terms. NOTICE: zfs_parse_bootfs: error 48 Cannot mount root on rpool/47 fstype zfs panic/thread=180e000: vfs_mountroot: cannot mount root ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Full zfs - cannot import

I installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine and created a raidz2 filesystem over 5 harddrives. Thas was a few months ago. Unfortunately, yesterday I made a mistake in free space calculation and tried to copy more data to the fs than how much space there was. When the fs got full, the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give root access to non root user?

Currently in my system Red Hat is installed. And Many user connect to my machine via SSH Techia Terminal. I want to give some users a root level access. Can anyone please help me how to make it possible. I too searched on the Google but didn't find the correct way Regards ADI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
4 Replies

9. SuSE

Auditors want more security with root to root access via ssh keys

I access over 100 SUSE SLES servers as root from my admin server, via ssh sessions using ssh keys, so I don't have to enter a password. My SUSE Admin server is setup in the following manner: 1) Remote root access is turned off in the sshd_config file. 2) I am the only user of this admin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvbell
6 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Root access that can't change root password?

We are having a little problem on a server. We want that some users should be able to do e.g. sudo and become root, but with the restriction that the user can't change root password. That is, a guarantee that we still can login to that server and become root no matter of what the other users will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 244an
2 Replies
zdb(8)							  System Administration Commands						    zdb(8)

NAME
zdb - ZFS debugger SYNOPSIS
zdb pool DESCRIPTION
The zdb command is used by support engineers to diagnose failures and gather statistics. Since the ZFS file system is always consistent on disk and is self-repairing, zdb should only be run under the direction by a support engineer. If no arguments are specified, zdb, performs basic consistency checks on the pool and associated datasets, and report any problems detected. Any options supported by this command are internal to Sun and subject to change at any time. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The pool is consistent. 1 An error was detected. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzfsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zfs(8), zpool(8), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 31 Oct 2005 zdb(8)