Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to put script in startup
Operating Systems Solaris how to put script in startup Post 302417995 by Reboot on Sunday 2nd of May 2010 07:26:44 AM
Old 05-02-2010
You can put the database startup Script in /etc/rc3.d directory:

1)The script name should start from "S" (capital s)
2)Followed by some number say "91"
3)Followed by script name "database_startup_script"

So, here is the complete name of the script in /etc/rc3.d directory : /etc/rc3.d/S91database_startup_script

Every time when server reboots and come to Run Level-3, it will execute the script "/etc/rc3.d/S91database_startup_script" and automatically start the database...

You just need to put your contents in this file, assigning proper permisions.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

New in Unix, I am adding a line "route add 57.14.y.y 57.14.x.x" every day after rebooting the system. Where can I add the line so during boot up (the system is re-started every day by design (???) the line is executed? (I tried the /etc/rc2.d/S90 but for some reason the line needs to be added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Executing a script at startup

Hi, I want a script to execute as soon as a user logs in(instead of directing to his home directory). i know that i have to mention the path of script in the user's .profile to execute this, but not sure where and what to edit. I just tried and was unsuccesful. Kindly provide the code that i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridharr83
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to take input at the startup script!!

Hi all, I am trying to modify a startup script... The problem is that i am unable to figure out how to take inputs from the user at the startup screen and proceed with the processing accordingly... Eg: $ echo "this is a test" (typically this would produce the output)... $ echo "this is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Script Somewhere ?

Hello there! I need help. Everytime I login to my ssh, i see this: -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found any help ? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbauto1
0 Replies

5. AIX

startup script

Hi I need the below script to be started whenever I reboot my aix server ? #cat cdbegin /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/bin/cdpmgr -i /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/cfg/cbspsdb01/initparm.cfg Please suggest how to add this to the startup ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Dummy Question, put a script on startup fails

Hi all, im pretty new to unit/redhat 6.2 I am trying to load a script upon startup of my redhat 6.2 (instance in ec2 AWS if someone cares) I want everytime when instance starts (after stop/reboot) a script i build to launch. when i run the script ./scriptname the script runs and everything is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hookedatwalla
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script problem

The attached file is a copy of my rc.local. The rc.local script appears to execute as the tightvncserver gets started. However the nodemon process does not start. The element nodemon is a symlink to nodemon and the path is correct. I have a little start script located in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrygordon
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies
autofsd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							autofsd(8)

NAME
autofsd, autofs - Automatically and transparently mounts and unmounts NFS file systems SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/autofsd [-dv] [-D name=value] OPTIONS
Enables debugging. When debugging is enabled, the daemon does not disassociate itself from the current tty. Messages that trace autofsd activity are written to standard output. Logs verbose output. Defines an autofsd environment variable by assigning value to the variable. DESCRIPTION
The autofsd daemon automatically and transparently mounts and unmounts NFS file systems on an as-needed basis. Like the automount daemon, it provides another alternative to using the /etc/fstab file for mounting NFS file systems on client machines. However, AutoFS is more efficient than the automount daemon because it requires less communication between the kernel and the user space daemon. The autofsd daemon also provides higher availability than the automount daemon. Although autofsd must be running for mounts or unmounts to be performed, if it is killed or becomes unavailable, exisiting auto-mounted NFS file systems continue to be available. The autofsd daemon can be started from the command line or from the /sbin/rc3.d/nfs script, which reads the /etc/rc.config.common file. Once started, it remains dormant until a user attempts to access a directory (or any file or directory in the directory hierarchy) that is associated with an AutoFS map. The daemon then consults the appropriate map and mounts the NFS file system as specified. AutoFS maps indicate where to find the file system to be mounted and the mount options to use. The names of the maps are passed to the aut- ofsd daemon through the autofsmount command. For more information about AutoFS maps and the autofsmount command, see autofsmount(8) and the Network Administration guide. Also, see sys_attrs_autofs(5) for information on tuning AutoFS. Note The autofsmount program reads AutoFS maps at startup. If you make any changes to the maps after startup, you must execute the autofsmount command again to incorporate the changes. By default, AutoFS uses UDP transport. If the tcp option is specified in a map, AutoFS attempts to use TCP. If TCP is not available, Aut- oFS then reverts to UDP. RESTRICTIONS
There is no support in the autofsd daemon that is analogous to the SIGTERM support in the automount command. If a file system is locally served, the autofsd daemon creates a symbolic link on the system instead of NFS mounting the directory. If locally serving the directory would result in a circular link, the daemon selects an external server (if available). SEE ALSO
Commands: autofsmount(8), automount(8), mount(8) Others: sys_attrs_autofs(5) Network Administration autofsd(8)