Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Patch Administration
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Patch Administration Post 302417941 by techlinux on Saturday 1st of May 2010 02:42:21 PM
Old 05-01-2010
Check out Cfengine or Puppet

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Sys Administration

What happend to the Administration board, How come no one posts there? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tovsky
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote administration

Is there a way to do remote administration on my Sun/Solaris 2.5? I have a server that is running an old copy of ARCServe 2.2 and I need to do monthly administration on it. The only way to use it is from the server so I want to use a VNC type product to do it. Since I know zip about unix, I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: athpam
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Administration

I have an application that runs on Unix and the user administration is managed at a Unix level. The application has an application ID which is linked to the user ids which are created at Unix level. Can you please help if I can be able to track which user used the Application ID and what action was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kopano
0 Replies

5. Solaris

user administration

hi ' i am creating a primary group and a secondary group for a user. #groupadd -g 101 test #groupadd -g 102 test1 #useradd -d /export/home/user1 -m -s /bin/ksh -g test -G test user1 in /etc/passwd i can find the username as user1 and group name as test and where can i find the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeepan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

User administration

Dear All, I need to restrict the users in our server. 1.History & history -c command working all groups & others.So i need to restrict history -c option for groups & others . 2.Any option available to view user activity with all Eg--->user1 Jul22 10:20:11 date 3.Any other Special... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Centralizing Administration

Hi guys. I work in an environment that caters to 150 + Solaris servers. I was wondering whether there is an application/Software that can be used to centralize Administration. e.g. If a new member comes into the team , I am required to go onto every server and create his login. Is there a system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies
PUPPET-MAN(8)							   Puppet manual						     PUPPET-MAN(8)

NAME
puppet-man - Display Puppet manual pages. SYNOPSIS
puppet man action DESCRIPTION
This subcommand displays manual pages for all Puppet subcommands. If the ronn gem (https://github.com/rtomayko/ronn/) is installed on your system, puppet man will display fully-formated man pages. If ronn is not available, puppet man will display the raw (but human-readable) source text in a pager. OPTIONS
Note that any configuration parameter that's valid in the configuration file is also a valid long argument, although it may or may not be relevant to the present action. For example, server is a valid configuration parameter, so you can specify --server <servername> as an argument. See the configuration file documentation at http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/stable/configuration.html for the full list of acceptable parameters. A commented list of all configuration options can also be generated by running puppet with --genconfig. --mode MODE The run mode to use for the current action. Valid modes are user, agent, and master. --render-as FORMAT The format in which to render output. The most common formats are json, s (string), yaml, and console, but other options such as dot are sometimes available. --verbose Whether to log verbosely. --debug Whether to log debug information. ACTIONS
man - Display the manual page for a Puppet subcommand. SYNOPSIS puppet man subcommand DESCRIPTION Display the manual page for a Puppet subcommand. RETURNS The man data, in Markdown format, suitable for consumption by Ronn. RENDERING ISSUES: To skip fancy formatting and output the raw Markdown text (e.g. for use in a pipeline), call this action with '--render-as s'. EXAMPLES
man View the manual page for a subcommand: $ puppet man facts NOTES
The pager used for display will be the first found of $MANPAGER, $PAGER, less, most, or more. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2011 by Puppet Labs Apache 2 license; see COPYING Puppet Labs, LLC June 2012 PUPPET-MAN(8)