Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding total Percentage CPU usage Post 302417631 by methyl on Friday 30th of April 2010 07:24:27 AM
Old 04-30-2010
What hardware?
Which Operating System?
Which shell?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to determine cpu&memory percentage usage per user

Using HP-UX v11 Need to monitor cpu and memory usage, total for system and separately for each user in command-line mode. Found out next ways to monitor total cpu usage under hp-ux: 1) vmstat, also shows free memory 2) sar -M ps -eo user,pcpu - does not work, means 'user-defined format'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hp-ux-user
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding CPU usage by a Unix Process

Hi, I am designing a load balancer for an application. I am trying to find out the CPU usage by a specifc Unix process (PID is known). I guess I can use ps command to find that. can somebody help me in finding what exact command I should use to find? It is on AIX 5.3. Regards Asutosh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash script - Need to get CPU usage as a percentage

I'm writing a bash script to log some selections from a sensors output (core temp, mb temp, etc.) and I would also like to have the current cpu usage as a percentage. I have no idea how to go about getting it in a form that a bash script can use. For example, I would simply look in the output of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HOWTO - Total memory and CPU usage ... without top?

Hi all, Is it possible to get total memory usage and free memory usage without top? By Googling I found for total memory usage, use vmstat, for CPU, use mpstat, for disk I/O use iostat, is this correct? Will using sar gives the same result as ALL of these three (3) commands? What about if I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total cpu usage in percent(%)

How to determine the total percentage cpu usage of a server having 4 cpu cores(quad core)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is total CPU usage for sar %user+%system+%iowait?

Hi all Can anyone advise/confirm whether total CPU usage when running sar is %user+%system+%iowait or is it %user+%system only? I want to confirm whether I am having a CPU-bound problem or not. This is a single-CPU VMware machine. $ sar 5 20 Linux 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

7. Linux

How to calculate total CPU usage from SAR report?

Hi, I want to calculate the total cpu usage from the sar report. Say for example, Linux 2.6.24-21-generic (blade10) 09/10/2012 04:54:36 PM CPU %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle 04:54:37 PM all 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitmd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding out total memory usage

Hi, I have a server box with 16GB ram in it, within the server box there are 3 VMs running with a total allocation of 9GB. if I add up all the numbers under memory info using vmstat I get 15.8GB so I can say it adds up to 16Gb... Is there a way to see from the command line how much memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedhunt3r
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Total CPU usage on a server

hi, i am using solaris server. I want to find the total CPU usage on a server. Top command will give that result, but here that command is not working. So anyone can help me to find the total CPU usage. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arasu123
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Capture PRSTAT based on CPU usage percentage

Hi, Recently i have write a simple script to capture CPU high usage based on prstat but i found out that it did capture correctly. I need to capture the rows that contains CPU usage more than 3%. Below line which i thought will capture CPU usage based CPU column in prstat(9th parameter) which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
3 Replies
acctcms(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       acctcms(1M)

NAME
acctcms - command summary from process accounting records SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/acct/acctcms [ -a [-o] [-p]] [-c] [-j] [-n] [-s] [-t] filename... DESCRIPTION
acctcms reads one or more filenames, normally in the form described in acct.h(3HEAD). It adds all records for processes that executed iden- tically named commands, sorts them, and writes them to the standard output, normally using an internal summary format. OPTIONS
-a Print output in ASCII rather than in the internal summary format. The output includes command name, number of times executed, total kcore-minutes, total CPU minutes, total real minutes, mean size (in K), mean CPU minutes per invocation, "hog factor," char- acters transferred, and blocks read and written, as in acctcom(1). Output is normally sorted by total kcore-minutes. Use the following options only with the -a option: -o Output a (non-prime) offshift-time-only command summary. -p Output a prime-time-only command summary. When -o and -p are used together, a combination prime-time and non-prime-time report is produced. All the output summaries are total usage except number of times executed, CPU minutes, and real minutes, which are split into prime and non-prime. -c Sort by total CPU time, rather than total kcore-minutes. -j Combine all commands invoked only once under "***other". -n Sort by number of command invocations. -s Any file names encountered hereafter are already in internal summary format. -t Process all records as total accounting records. The default internal summary format splits each field into prime and non-prime- time parts. This option combines the prime and non-prime time parts into a single field that is the total of both, and provides upward compatibility with old style acctcms internal summary format records. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the acctcms command. A typical sequence for performing daily command accounting and for maintaining a running total is: example% acctcms filename ... > today example% cp total previoustotal example% acctcms -s today previoustotal > total example% acctcms -a -s today ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acctcom(1), acct(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), fwtmp(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct.h(3HEAD), utmpx(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Unpredictable output results if -t is used on new style internal summary format files, or if it is not used with old style internal summary format files. SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 1999 acctcms(1M)