Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Processing in shell script Post 302417550 by telangmadhuri on Friday 30th of April 2010 02:29:08 AM
Old 04-30-2010
File Processing in Shell Script

now i have another problem.
if in my file i have reocrd in following format

Code:
5812                                                                            ;USD
    ;Y;N;Y;GEMS_                                                                        ;
               ;                                                                                ;
                    ;                                                                                ;
                         ;DefaultParent=abc                                                                     ;English=Airbaloon xyzz

ie the record is in spread in 3 line and when i do grep on it only returns me the 1st line , how can i get the whole record line

Last edited by zaxxon; 04-30-2010 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a shell script check for a file to exist before processing another file

I have a shell script that runs all the time looking for a certain type of file and then it processes the file through a series of other scripts. The script is watching a directory that has files uploaded to it via SFTP. It already checks the size of the file to make sure that it is not still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not processing if statement properly

Hi I am trying to create a shell script that will look for a contracthead file first and if the contract head file does not exist on day1 exit script. Now on day2 if contracthead exists or not run the script uploading files in order such as contract line then contract contact so the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathan184
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a file in shell

I have a file which is having enrties like entry-id 1 ABC : value DEF :value GHI :VALUE entry-id 2 ABC : value DEF :value GHI :VALUE entry-id 2 ABC : value DEF :value GHI :VALUE and so on .. .wht i want to do is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msbinu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script syntax for XML processing

Hi All, I am new to Shell scripting. I have a log file containing XML Messages.Each XML Message is accompanied with a timestamp.I need to count the the number of messages that get logged in a particular timeinterval.Is there any command/Syntax to achieve this. Any code/example is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 file processing script in C shell

I want to use an awk for the following scenario but not sure if it will work or not. I have two input file: F1 and F2 F1 02 05 08 F2 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script for url processing

Hi, My objective is to make a shell script that, when run, you can input multiple links at once. text is then inserted between the http:// part and the following url. example : http://google.be ==> http://sometext.google.be it would be great if it could then open all the created links (wich... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tooster
5 Replies

7. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for .Txt to .csv conversion with data processing

Hi experts, I want to convert a txt file having rows and columns (CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt) by comparing it with another text file (paramaters.txt) and generate a output in CSV which contains only 3rd column from CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt, and the columns mentioned in parameters.txt. FYI: There are two... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautam Banerjee
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to log file processing details to database table usnig UNIX shell script?

we are getting files on daily basis.we need to process these files. i need a unix shell script where we can count 1-The no of files processed 2-No of data/record processed for each files. The script should log these details into a database table. If there is any error while file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atul kumar
3 Replies
Address(3pm)                                            User Contributed Perl Documentation                                           Address(3pm)

NAME
Palm::Address - Handler for Palm AddressBook databases SYNOPSIS
use Palm::Address; DESCRIPTION
The Address PDB handler is a helper class for the Palm::PDB package. It parses AddressBook databases. AppInfo block The AppInfo block begins with standard category support. See Palm::StdAppInfo for details. Other fields include: $pdb->{appinfo}{lastUniqueID} $pdb->{appinfo}{dirtyFields} I don't know what these are. $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{name} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{firstName} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{company} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone1} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone2} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone3} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone4} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone5} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone6} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone7} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone8} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{address} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{city} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{state} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{zipCode} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{country} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{title} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{custom1} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{custom2} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{custom3} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{custom4} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{note} These are the names of the various fields in the address record. $pdb->{appinfo}{country} An integer: the code for the country for which these labels were designed. The country name is available as $Palm::Address::countries[$pdb->{appinfo}{country}]; $pdb->{appinfo}{misc} An integer. The least-significant bit is a flag that indicates whether the database should be sorted by company. The other bits are reserved. Sort block $pdb->{sort} This is a scalar, the raw data of the sort block. Records $record = $pdb->{records}[N]; $record->{fields}{name} $record->{fields}{firstName} $record->{fields}{company} $record->{fields}{phone1} $record->{fields}{phone2} $record->{fields}{phone3} $record->{fields}{phone4} $record->{fields}{phone5} $record->{fields}{address} $record->{fields}{city} $record->{fields}{state} $record->{fields}{zipCode} $record->{fields}{country} $record->{fields}{title} $record->{fields}{custom1} $record->{fields}{custom2} $record->{fields}{custom3} $record->{fields}{custom4} $record->{fields}{note} These are scalars, the values of the various address book fields. $record->{phoneLabel}{phone1} $record->{phoneLabel}{phone2} $record->{phoneLabel}{phone3} $record->{phoneLabel}{phone4} $record->{phoneLabel}{phone5} Most fields in an AddressBook record are straightforward: the "name" field always gives the person's last name. The "phoneN" fields, on the other hand, can mean different things in different records. There are five such fields in each record, each of which can take on one of eight different values: "Work", "Home", "Fax", "Other", "E-mail", "Main", "Pager" and "Mobile". The $record->{phoneLabel}{phone*} fields are integers. Each one is an index into @Palm::Address::phoneLabels, and indicates which particular type of phone number each of the $record->{phone*} fields represents. $record->{phoneLabel}{display} Like the phone* fields above, this is an index into @Palm::Address::phoneLabels. It indicates which of the phone* fields to display in the list view. $record->{phoneLabel}{reserved} I don't know what this is. METHODS
new $pdb = new Palm::Address; Create a new PDB, initialized with the various Palm::Address fields and an empty record list. Use this method if you're creating an Address PDB from scratch. new_Record $record = $pdb->new_Record; Creates a new Address record, with blank values for all of the fields. The AppInfo block will contain only an "Unfiled" category, with ID 0. "new_Record" does not add the new record to $pdb. For that, you want "$pdb->append_Record". SOURCE CONTROL
The source is in Github: http://github.com/briandfoy/p5-Palm/tree/master AUTHOR
Alessandro Zummo, "<a.zummo@towertech.it>" Currently maintained by brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
Palm::PDB(3) Palm::StdAppInfo(3) BUGS
The new() method initializes the AppInfo block with English labels and "United States" as the country. perl v5.10.1 2010-02-23 Address(3pm)