Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu display the mounted file system types Post 302417339 by dunkar70 on Thursday 29th of April 2010 09:02:51 AM
Old 04-29-2010
I do not currently have access to a Linux system, but try:
Code:
cat /etc/mtab

This should provide a list of currently mounted partitions as well as their file system types, permissions, and other options.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fsck on a mounted file system?

I have a Solaris 7 box. We got a strange error in the syslog, which read as follows: Nov 15 11:50:16 server-01 unix: NOTICE: free inode /mount1/8025691 had size 0x20d I consulted with a fellow sysadmin, and he suggested running "fsck -N" on the filesystem in question without unmounting it. So I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GKnight
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how many directory can be mounted on one file system

I have a question and seek help. How many directory can be mounted on one file system on UNIX with solaris 9? For example, I have one file system as /dev/dsk/cieit0a6. I have created one directory as /u01/app/oracle and mounted this directory to cieit06. It works. Then I create another directory as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display partition name on mounted on using this script

Hi All Guys.... root> df -k|grep /u0 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u02vol 12582912 8717924 3744252 70% /u02 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u01vol 8796160 5563610 3131556 64% /u01 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u04vol 10035200 1247888 8519534 13% /u04 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u03vol 12582912 2524060 9744542 21% ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to find which file system was not mounted ?

Hello all, can someone help on how can i check if all file system were mounted during reboot? I know that we have first to look on /etc/vfstab; the containing of this one should be mounted during boot of system, and after with : df -k we can see if mentioned file system on vfstab were... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vitchi
3 Replies

5. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display types of files using metacharacters

1) I want to display all the files in a directory that start with the word chapter, are followed by a digit 1,2,6,8, or 9 and end with .eps or .prn so I came up with this file ~/temp/chapter.eps ~/temp/chapter.prn but is there a better way, i.e. combining both file types into the command? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunsta
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What happens if i unmount local file system when is mounted to a different server?

Hi, as title says what happens if i unmount local file system when is mounted to a diffrent server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop to display whatever number use types

sorry couldnt think of a proper title lol ok i have the following script it asks the user how many html tags they want. Im not sure how to display 2 tags if the user eneters the want only 2 tags tags as in <p></p> or <h1></h1> read -p "How many tags" tags1 if then echo "<$tags1>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

9. AIX

Error unmounting a remote mounted file system

Hi All, I'm facing an issue while trying to unmount a remotely mounted file system, strangely it's not even getting mounted, Kindly find the reply messages. Mounting error msg nfsmnthelp: 1831-019 <Server host>: Cannot mount a file system that is already remotely mounted. mount: 1831-008... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishekag
13 Replies

10. Red Hat

File system mounted or not

Hi, I know something about file system that its a directory to hold files. My query is how to identify file system is mounted or not .Can you give me some examples? OS --- Linux 2.6 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
7 Replies
usb-devices(8)							Linux USB Utilities						    usb-devices(8)

NAME
usb-devices - print USB device details SYNOPSIS
usb-devices DESCRIPTION
usb-devices is a (bash) shell script that can be used to display details of USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. The output of the script is similar to the usb/devices file available either under /proc/bus (if usbfs is mounted), or under /sys/ker- nel/debug (if debugfs is mounted there). The script is primairily intended to be used if the file is not available. In contrast to the usb/devices file, this script only lists active interfaces (those marked with a "*" in the usb/devices file) and their endpoints. Be advised that there can be differences in the way information is sorted, as well as in the format of the output. RETURN VALUE
If sysfs is not mounted, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb* The part of the sysfs tree the script walks through to assemble the printed information. /proc/bus/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernels before 2.6.31, if usbfs is mounted. /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernel 2.6.31 and later, if debugfs is mounted. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), usbview(8). AUTHORS
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> usbutils-0.84 23 June 2009 usb-devices(8)