Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem with NFS mount and network configuration between AIX and Windows 2003 servers Post 302417177 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 07:45:04 PM
Old 04-28-2010
Hello,

Per our forum rules, all threads must have a descriptive subject text. For example, do not post questions with subjects like "Help Me!", "Urgent!!" or "Doubt". Post subjects like "Execution Problems with Cron" or "Help with Backup Shell Script".

The reason for this is that nearly 95% of all visitors to this site come here because they are referred by a search engine. In order for future searches on your post (with answers) to work well, the subject field must be something useful and related to the problem!

In addition, current forum users who are kind enough to answer questions should be able to understand the essence of your query at first glance.

So, as a benefit and courtesy to current and future knowledge seekers, please be careful with your subject text. You might receive a forum infraction if you don't pay attention to this.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SFTP script from AIX to Windows 2003

Hello everyone! I searched high and low in the forum's on this site before I started a thread, but couldn't quite find my resolution. Even though I got good hits on SFTP. I'm working on a script on my AIX 5.3 system to sftp (OpenSSH) files to another remote site that is running "Secure FTP"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exit42
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS HDD mount on Windows XP

Hi, Unix based, My harddrive won't boot and I'm looking for a reliable tool that can mount a hdd on Windows XP and show me the files stored on a NFS system. I tried the tool: Ext2IFS but this didn't work. I found a lot of tools on google to mount nfs share thru a network but that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: severt
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

5. AIX

NFS mount problems on AIX

Hi, I have two machines (AIX) each on a different VLAN. Need to mount a filesystem using nfs on the other one. When I export the nfs file system its a breeze. But when I try to mount it on the other machine the smitty command hangs on "running" and i get an OK from smitty but with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount of Windows NAS

The UPS connected to the Disk Array portion of my Windows 2003 NAS burned up over the weekend. Reconnected it to a new UPS and re-booted the NAS box. Since then I have not been able to get my HPUX 10.2 box to mount the shared drives on the NAS. At boot, the NFS client & server subsystems do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twalker0
0 Replies

7. Solaris

I want to mount windows 2003 oracle instance

I want to mount windows 2003 oracle instance to solaris machine. Can any one has idea? Please send me your experiences ,if any. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a network mount preferably with NFS

Hello, I would like to share a 9p (Plan 9) passthrough/share to a VM via NFS (using a guest as an NFS server to share a directory from the host) At the moment I am getting the error message: 'exportfs: /share does not support NFS export'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scratch
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS mount error in windows

I am trying to set a share between windows and an AIX server. I was able to do this to a windows 2008 server. I am now trying to get this to worked on a windows 7 enterprise pc. below is what i get. I have turned off the firewall wall in windows the user is an admin in the pc. same account works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move script from windows to Linux using NFS mount

Hi All, Is there a command or script which will push a file from Windows server to Linux box? using the mount command. I want the details or document of the whole process please. I want this script to run every 30 minutes to push the file from windows to unix Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
16 Replies
xpamethod(7)							SAORD Documentation						      xpamethod(7)

NAME
XPAMethod - XPA Communication Methods SYNOPSIS
XPA supports both inet and unix (local) socket communication. DESCRIPTION
XPA uses sockets for communication between processes. It supports three methods of socket communication: inet, localhost, and unix. In gen- eral, the same method should be employed for all XPA processes in a session and the global environment variable XPA_METHOD should be used to set up the desired method. By default, the preferred method is "inet", which is appropriate for most users. You can set up a different method by typing something like: setenv XPA_METHOD local # unix csh XPA_METHOD=local; export XPA_METHOD # unix sh, bash, windows/cygwin set XPA_METHOD=localhost # dos/windows The options for XPA_METHOD are: inet, unix (or local), and localhost. On Unix machines, this environment setup command can be placed in your shell init file (.cshrc, .profile, .bashrc, etc.) On Windows platforms, it can be placed in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file (I think!). By default, inet sockets are used by XPA. These are the standard Internet sockets that are used by programs such as Netscape, ftp. etc. Inet sockets utilize the IP address of the given machine and a (usually random) port number to communicate between processes on the same machine or between different machines on the Internet. (Note that XPA has an Access Control mechanism to prevent unauthorized access of XPA access points by other computers on the Net). For users connected to the Internet, this usually is the appropriate communication method. For more information about setting up XPA communication between machines, see Communication Between Machines. In you are using XPA on a machine without an Internet connection, then inet sockets are not appropriate. In fact, an XPA process often will hang for many seconds while waiting for a response from the Domain Name Service (DNS) when using inet sockets. Instead of inet sockets, users on Unix platforms can also use unix sockets (also known as local sockets). These sockets are based on the local file system and do not make use of the DNS. They generally are considered to be faster than inet sockets, but they are not implemented under Windows. Use local sockets as a first resort if you are on a Unix machine that is not connected to the Internet. Users not connected to the Internet also can use localhost sockets. These are also inet-type sockets but the IP address used for the local machine is the localhost address, 0x7F000001, instead of the real IP of the machine. Depending on how sockets are set up for a given plat- form, communication with the DNS usually is not required in this case (though of course, XPA cannot interact with other machines). The localhost method will generally work on both Unix and Windows platforms, but whether the DNS is required or not is subject to individual configurations. A final warning/reminder: if your XPA-enabled server hangs at startup time and your XPA_METHOD is inet, the problem probably is related to an incorrect Internet configuration. This can be confirmed by using the unix method or (usually) the localhost method. You can use these alternate methods if other hosts do not need access to the XPA server. SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpamethod(7)