Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using seq (Or alternative)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using seq (Or alternative) Post 302417163 by alister on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 05:52:49 PM
Old 04-28-2010
Hi, gtc, and welcome to the forums.

You can use printf to ensure that numbers have a specified precision:
Code:
printf '%.1f\n' -20

For your situation, if you require all numbers to be similarly formated, perhaps:
Code:
seq $(printf '%.1f ' $first $increment $last) > output.dat

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to loop and check jumping seq.

Hi, Normally, I will manually to use "ll" command to list the following file from \FILE\CACHE\ directory and check the jump seq. Can I write a script to loop or/and check jump seq file (if jumped seq and show "missing seq no" message for me) -rw-rw----+ 1 user develop 14012 Sep 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

2. SCO

lp: cannot lock /usr/spool/lpd/printer1/.seq

Hi. I'm receive thats error on my PC. lp: cannot lock /usr/spool/lpd/printer1/.seq This PC is a Windows pc running lpd on port 515. That its means? Thanks. PD. Sorry for my english! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebpes
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

declaring variable with for $(seq)

Hi guys. i have the following script: 1 #!/bin/bash 2 linkcount=$(grep "/portal" tickets | wc -l) 3 grep "/portal" tickets > links 4 for i in $(seq 1 $linkcount); do 5 echo "BLYAT" 6 let link$i=$(sed -n "$i"p links) 7 echo $ 8 done the problem is, that "let" can`t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neverhood
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Seq As A Variable With Padded Digits

Hi all. Im trying to use a sequence in a while loop like this below. I need it for navigating a year, month, day folder structure where a user can input the start date and have it go to the desired end date. The script will grab a certain file on each day then move onto the next. Ive got all that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with seq (print a series of dates)

Assuming one does not have such luxuries as bash, zsh, jot, rs, perl, etc. what is the most elegant way to print out a formatted date series like this: 01-01-2010 01-02-2010 01-03-2010 ... 02-01-2010 02-02-2010 ... Can I accomplish this with just basic shell builtins and seq, or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting a fixed width seq file

I have a file like this... 2183842512010-11-25 15379043 453130325 2386225062010-11-30 4946518 495952336 2386225062010-11-30 4946518 495952345 2386225062010-11-25 262066688 -516224026 2679350512010-11-25 262066688 -516224124 3196089062010-11-25 262066688 203238229... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: issaq84mohd
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to show first 0 using seq or +1 count?

Greetings, Using linux based OS and KSH. I m trying to make a simple script to parse some logs to show a count per hour on a specific alarm starting from midnight to the current hour. So I format my "HOUR" variable to show the current time and so I can use it in the following bit of code.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RNA-seq analysis

I am processing RNA-seq data files that have been aligned using RUM. One of the output files is a *.sam that includes: Unique alignments Non-unique alignments original read files I want to extract only the unique alignments by pulling out alignments that have "IH:i:1" (indicates this read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genGirl23
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find seq lines

I have a below file FILE.cfg JAN_01 VAR1=4 VAR2=SUM VAR3=PRIVATE JAN_10 VAR1=44 VAR2=GUN VAR3=NATUR JAN_20 VAR1=3 VAR2=TQN VAR3=COMMA code: (JAN_10 is argument passed from script) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy seq Question

Hi! I'm trying to do this: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - I'm using seq for this: seq 1 20 > filename.txt How do I get the "-"? I've tried -f per man but can't get anything to work. Also, is there an easier or better way than using sequence? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonyBe
6 Replies
ppd_emit_to_file(3)					     Library Functions Manual					       ppd_emit_to_file(3)

NAME
ppd_emit_to_file, ppd_emit_to_fd - Output device specific code. SYNOPSIS
#include <ppd/ppd.h> gboolean ppd_emit( PpdFile * ppd,FILE *fp,PpdSectionOrder section ); gboolean ppd_emitfd( PpdFile * ppd, int fd,PpdSectionOrder section ); DESCRIPTION
The ppd_emit_* functions output the device specific code appropriate to the specified section that has not already been emitted.. The PpdFile pointer is obtained from opening a PPD file via the ppd_load(3) family of functions. The section can be any one of the following: PPD_ORDER_ANY Option code can be anywhere in the file PPD_ORDER_DOCUMENT Option code must be in the DocumentSetup section PPD_ORDER_EXIT Option code must be sent prior to the document PPD_ORDER_JCL Option code must be sent as a JCL command PPD_ORDER_PAGE Option code must be in the PageSetup section PPD_ORDER_PROLOG Option code must be in the Prolog section The sections PPD_ORDER_DOCUMENT and PPD_ORDER_PAGE will also output code from the PPD_ORDER_ANY section. Once a code section has been emitted it is marked as such and will not be emitted unless it is re-marked. EXAMPLE
/* Setup code to emitted */ ppd_mark_defaults(ppd); ppd_mark_option(ppd,"Duplex","DuplexNoTumble"); ppd_mark_option(ppd,"PageSize","A4"); /* Emit initial code (including any reset and JCL code) */ ppd_emit_to_file(ppd,stdout,PPD_ORDER_EXIT); fputs(ppd->jcl_begin->str,stdout); ppd_emit_to_file(ppd, stdout, PPD_ORDER_JCL); fputs(ppd->jcl_ps->str, stdout); /* Any header comments go here */ ... /* Prolog section */ printf("%%%%BeginProlog0); ppd_emit_to_file(ppd, stdout, PPD_ORDER_PROLOG); printf("%%%%EndProlog0); /* Setup section */ printf("%%%%BeginSetup0); ppd_emit_to_file(ppd, stdout, PPD_ORDER_DOCUMENT); printf("%%%%EndSetup0); /* Main document begins */ for (...) { printf("%%%%Page: 1 10); /* Re-mark so that this is emitted on each page */ ppd_mark_option(ppd,"PageSize","A4"); printf("%%%%PageSetup0); ppd_emit_to_file(ppd, stdout, PPD_ORDER_PAGE); printf("%%%%EndPageSetup0); /* Page info goes here */ ... } /* Send ending JCL code */ fputs(ppd->jcl_end->str,stdout); SEE ALSO
ppd_file_new(3), ppd_file_free(3) ppd_emit_to_file(3)