Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match elements in an AWK multi-dimensional array Post 302417099 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 01:15:06 PM
Old 04-28-2010
updated code with comments

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array in KSH

Is there any way to use multi dim. array in KSH ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - array elements as condition

Hi, can I use array elements ( all ) in conditional statements? the problem is ,the total number of elements is not known. e.g A is an array with elements - 1,2,3 now if i want to test if the 1 st field of input record is either 1,2 or 3, i can do something like this if ( $1 ~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shellwell
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Pick multi dimensional data with awk.

Hi. I am reasonably new to awk, but have done quite a lot of unix scripting in the past. I have resolved the issues below with unix scripting but it runs like a dog. Moved to awk for speed and functionality but running up a big learning curve in a hurry, so hope there is some help here. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike.strategis
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: how can I delete empty/NULL elements from a multi-dimensional array.

Hi all I have a file that i'm running and exec(cat ./dat) against..and putting its contents into any array, then doing an exploding the array into a multi-dimension array... The 15 multi-dimensional arrays have elements that are null/empty, I would like to remove/unset these elements and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Search Multi-Dimensional(nested) array and export values of currenly worked on array.

Hi All, I'm writing a nagios check that will see if our ldap servers are in sync... I got the status data into a nested array, I would like to search key of each array and if "OK" is NOT present, echo other key=>values in the current array to a variable so...eg...let take the single array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting multi dimensional array

Hi there, Can someone let me know how to sort the 2 dimensional array below by column 1 then by column 2? 22 55 2222 2230 33 66 44 58 222 240 11 25 22 60 33 45 output: 11 25 22 55 22 60 33 45 33 66 44 58 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help: stdin to multi-dimensional array

I cant get out of this while loop at the beginning of my program. Just reading from stdin one char at a time and storing it into a multi-array. Need to fix it with in two hours. #include <sys/wait.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unt_engn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reference 2 dimensional array in awk?

Hello, all For a 1-dimensional array, such as myarr_1=1 myarr_1=2 myarr_1=3I know I can write a loop as below to show the array member one by one: for (i in myarr_1){print i, myarr_1}Now, suppose I have a two dimensional array such as: myarray_2=1 myarray_2=2 myarray_2=10 myarray_2=20My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array

I have an array of names. Each one of the name, has a number represented to it. For example A has an ID 8, B has an ID 2. What I am after is a for loop that when the array is in position 1, a particular variable is set to the value of position 1 in array 2 declare -a arr=("A" "B" "C"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array in bash

Hi, I'm developing a script which contains a multi dimensional array, however for some reason the array is not iterating. When executing the script, services are listed as arguments from argument 2. Ex voice data sms. service=${@:2}; for services in $service do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
2 Replies
PPI::Token::Comment(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    PPI::Token::Comment(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Comment - A comment in Perl source code INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Comment isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
# This is a PPI::Token::Comment print "Hello World!"; # So it this $string =~ s/ foo # This, unfortunately, is not :( bar /w; DESCRIPTION
In PPI, comments are represented by "PPI::Token::Comment" objects. These come in two flavours, line comment and inline comments. A "line comment" is a comment that stands on its own line. These comments hold their own newline and whitespace (both leading and trailing) as part of the one "PPI::Token::Comment" object. An inline comment is a comment that appears after some code, and continues to the end of the line. This does not include whitespace, and the terminating newlines is considered a separate PPI::Token::Whitespace token. This is largely a convenience, simplifying a lot of normal code relating to the common things people do with comments. Most commonly, it means when you "prune" or "delete" a comment, a line comment disappears taking the entire line with it, and an inline comment is removed from the inside of the line, allowing the newline to drop back onto the end of the code, as you would expect. It also means you can move comments around in blocks much more easily. For now, this is a suitably handy way to do things. However, I do reserve the right to change my mind on this one if it gets dangerously anachronistic somewhere down the line. METHODS
Only very limited methods are available, beyond those provided by our parent PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. line The "line" accessor returns true if the "PPI::Token::Comment" is a line comment, or false if it is an inline comment. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Comment(3)