Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iPad infected with virus
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? iPad infected with virus Post 302417061 by Corona688 on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 11:36:54 AM
Old 04-28-2010
Nothing is safe on a system where the only barriers to installing software are an "are you really sure" prompt. This applies to any system configured as such, UNIX, Windows, or other.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

do i have a virus???

nice board, makes interesting reading! glad to know im not the only one to have problems!! :D :D last week, our database started to crash (run on unix / solaris) for no apparant reason. the problem seems to be intermiant which lead us to believe it may be a hardware problem causing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virus????????

i tought you can;t get virus in unix ? i have some admins buddys that work in bsd all he time and they sayed you can;t get viurs in unix is that true? download.com is putting virux updates out for mac OS X ................ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can linux get a virus on the boot sec from windows? becuse my buddys computer micro trend cmos virus keeps telling him that there is a boot sec virus on my hdd is that possable or is the box being dumb and looking at the linux boot as a virus? it was set up as a windows box not a linux... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
4 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Internet Explorer is infected - small windows keep popping up

hello, I have an annoying problem on my Internet Explorer. When I open that browser, after some time advertisement windows just pop up, even if I am not browsing anything, or when the browser is running at the background. That is, the pop-ups don't come from the websites I visit, rather, I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan and remove if file infected using bash

The below bash runs clamav on all files in DIR and produces virus-scan.log. My question is the portion in bold is supposed to move the infected files, lines not OK, to /home/cmccabe/quarantine. Does the bash look correct? Thank you :). virus-scan.log Mon Jan 16 14:39:05 CST 2017... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
lpq(1)								    Apple Inc.								    lpq(1)

NAME
lpq - show printer queue status SYNOPSIS
lpq [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ -P destination[/instance] ] [ -a ] [ -l ] [ +interval ] DESCRIPTION
lpq shows the current print queue status on the named printer. Jobs queued on the default destination will be shown if no printer or class is specified on the command-line. The +interval option allows you to continuously report the jobs in the queue until the queue is empty; the list of jobs is shown once every interval seconds. OPTIONS
lpq supports the following options: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -P destination[/instance] Specifies an alternate printer or class name. -U username Specifies an alternate username. -a Reports jobs on all printers. -h server[:port] Specifies an alternate server. -l Requests a more verbose (long) reporting format. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), lpr(1), lprm(1), lpstat(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 16 June 2008 CUPS lpq(1)