Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Exporting DHCP to backup server Post 302417025 by eeisken on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 10:15:44 AM
Old 04-28-2010
Exporting DHCP to backup server

Hi

just looking for some advise on the best way to set-up a passive dhcp server in solaris.
Was thinking of exporting the dhcp data/macros etc to a separate server to use as a backup that will be activated when the main dhcp server goes down

Any hints/tips etc greatly appreciated

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP Server Suggestions

I need to setup a DHCP server in our office for Macs, Windows (98/ME/NT/2000) Linux and Unix servers and workstations. We want it on a Unix server, but I'm unsure what is out there. The Unix world is new to me, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Corey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreyhead
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

DHCP server question

hi all... i have a question about of the dhcp server.... how i can configurate 3 vlans on the server....? thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for exporting FS into non global server automaticaly.

Post has been removed. Prakash K :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

DHCP server also acting as relay

Hi. I want to use the DHCP server that comes with vxWorks 6.4. The DHCP server implementation has a table that contains addresses of DHCP servers that will receive a copy of all the client requests that the local server gets, thus the server acts as a dhcp relay at the same time. Can anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomwolf
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting .csv file into mysql server 2005 using script.

Hi, I have a .csv file created by a script with data in a tabular format. I need to insert all the value into mysql database which is running in a different machine. what is the command to export the .csv file into database using shell script. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

DHCP Server address

Where can you find your DHCP Server address? I checked all of the files that this mentioned with no luck. Quick HOWTO : Ch08 : Configuring the DHCP Server - Linux Home Networking (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

7. IP Networking

DHCP server discover

I need a script to scan the surrounding DHCP servers. I want to know how many dhcp servers are there on my connected etnernet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris DHCP Server

I need to find out the MAC address of an IP leased from DHCP server . For Eg:-i need to know the MAC of the below mentioned IP at the below mentioned time . IP : 172.16.28.90 Date :Sunday July 2nd 2011 Time : 14.07.2011 OS -Solaris 10 Vital QIP IP management software using to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts for exporting backup from selected tables of Oracle DB

dear all please help me ! i need a script for exporting the selected tables of oracle database installed on CentOs. i waiting your response. thanks and regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirzargaran
6 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working

Hello. Doing my first steps in Linux and while trying to configure a DHCP server in Linux i encountered some problems: TOPOLOGY: - Laptop with Windows 8.1 - VM Player 12 with Linux installed (Ubuntu Server 14.04) - ICS-DHCP-SERVER installed and running - Another LAPTOP conected to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Portuguevos
1 Replies
ltsp-config(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    ltsp-config(8)

NAME
ltsp-config - Configure certain parts of an LTSP server SYNOPSIS
ltsp-config TOOL [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
ltsp-config generates or updates configuration files for certain parts of an LTSP server, like lts.conf, the DHCP server, nbd-server etc. OPTIONS
dnsmasq Configure dnsmasq. --no-proxy-dhcp Don't enable proxyDHCP mode for detected subnets. isc-dhcp-server Configure isc-dhcp-server. lts.conf Create a sample lts.conf. nbd-server Configure nbd-server. Generic options for most tools: -d --directory A directory to search for configuration templates, in addition to "/usr/share/doc/ltsp-server/examples". -h --help The application help page. -l --language Preferred language for configuration files. -o --overwrite Overwrite existing configuration files. SEE ALSO
dnsmasq(8), dhcpd.conf(5), lts.conf(5), nbd-server(5) AVAILABILITY
ltsp-config is part of ltsp package and the latest versions are available in source form from https://launchpad.net/ltsp. MAN PAGE AUTHOR
Copyright 2012 Alkis Georgopoulos <alkisg@gmail.com>, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or any later version. 2012-05-28 ltsp-config(8)