Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail Aliases
Operating Systems Solaris Mail Aliases Post 302416918 by bullz26 on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 05:01:32 AM
Old 04-28-2010
Not sure about ur requrement, any how, for sending a mail to localhost,

mailx -s "Test mail" root@localhost
. (enter)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

aliases

Hi. I have a C program that is using the **environ pointer and I am trying to set up aliases for a system("/bin/ksh") call. This works for other environment variables but not for the aliases. Does anyone know if this can be done? Thanks ahead of time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mluey61
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS map mail.aliases specified, but NIS not running

Hi all, I just took over the admin role from someone and I wanna setup sendmail (just to send mail from the host) however, after I config all the resolv.conf, nssitch.conf, hosts file and when I try to send a mail out, after I punched ctl-D, it returned he following, "NIS map mail.aliases... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aliases

Is there a way to view what aliases are running on a given session? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

/etc/mail/aliases

HI I have 5000 users on sendmail server, also there entries of these users Mail ID in /etc/mail/aliases as per Diparments. Same Mail ID can occures in Diff Departments as per req. I have to remove 500 users from server also there entry from /etc/mail/aliases file. which occures many times. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kumarsharad
1 Replies

5. AIX

mail, aliases, pager

Hi, I have two aliases for two types of alert. /etc/aliases italert1: user1@company.com italertb: 123456@paging.isp.com The first alias containts only an email to go through the company exchange/mail server. Works fine. The second alias contains only a pager which also works fine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

etc aliases

Hello: i have several server with own etc aliases. right now i want to combine it all into a general etc aliases in a new freebsd server. cause it consist hundred thousand of record user inside how to make a shell script to combine it or configure it. all etc aliases record example: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterLfs
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with aliases

I work on a MAC. And i have the need to connect to various servers on a daily basis. So I use aliases in bash shell. The aliases work fine in bash shell. But they dont work with tcsh. Can anybody clarify what might be wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newprofile
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
MSG2SMTP(1)						      General Commands Manual						       MSG2SMTP(1)

NAME
msg2smtp - a 'bridge' between MUA and GNU Anubis SYNOPSIS
msg2smtp -h HOST [-p PORT] [-e HELO_DOMAIN] [-U USERNAME] [-P PASSWORD] [-m MECHANISM] [-d] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the msg2smtp command. msg2smtp is a program that takes a mail message on STDIN and relays it to an SMTP server. MUA (Mutt) --> msg2smtp.pl --> Anubis --> remote or local MTA This can be used whenever you want to convert a mail message on STDIN and talk to an SMTP server as output. Just like sendmail do. If you want to use this script with Mutt, add this to Mutt configuration file: set sendmail="/PATHTO/msg2smtp.pl -h localhost" If you run GNU Anubis on port 4000, you would put this line in your muttrc: set sendmail="/PATHTO/msg2smtp.pl -h localhost -p 4000" OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: -h HOST hostname of SMTP server, often 'localhost', -p PORT port of the SMTP server, -e HELO_DOMAIN domain we use when to say helo to smtp server, -U USERNAME ESMTP auth username, -P PASSWORD ESMTP auth password, -m MECHANISM ESMTP auth mechanism - default is PLAIN, -d shows SMTP conversation and perl debugging. SEE ALSO
anubis(1), sendmail(1), mutt(1). AUTHOR
msg2smtp was written by Michael de Beer <michael@debeer.org>. This manual page was written by Krzysztof Burghardt <krzysztof@burghardt.pl>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2007 Aug 26 MSG2SMTP(1)