Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help running scripts in 1 file. Post 302416830 by bigubosu on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 01:45:47 AM
Old 04-28-2010
Help running scripts in 1 file.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
Running different parts of the assignment together in 1 script

2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:
awk, nawk, bash, cp, cut, echo, expr, grep, join, mkdir, paste, rm, sort, sed, test, tr, true and false.

3. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):
Code:
#!/bin/bash
join -a1 -1 1 -2 1  -e " " Prac1 Prac2 | sed '/^#/d' > temp
#use temp file.
#join -a1 -a2 -1 1 -2  -e " " temp Prac3 > Marks
#sort -n Marks > Marks

a=8
b=16
c=8
ans=0
ans1=0
ans2=0
ans3=0
while read -n 8 file
do
if [ $a = $c ]; then
	echo "$file":
	c=`expr $c + 16`
fi
if [ $a = $b ]; then
	#echo this is 16
	ans=`echo "$file"`
	#echo $ans
	ans1=${ans:0:1}
	ans2=${ans:2:1}
	ans3=${ans:4:1}
	expr $ans1 + $ans2 + $ans3
	b=`expr $b + 16`
fi
#echo $a
#echo $b
a=`expr $a + 8`

done < Marks > Marks2

4. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course):
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, John Hurst, FIT3042.
http://infotech.monash.edu/units/fit3042/
Note: Without school/professor/course information, you will be banned if you post here! You must complete the entire template (not just parts of it).

---------- Post updated 04-28-10 at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous update was 04-27-10 at 10:34 PM ----------

actually nvm I've got it working in file now. I've no idea why it gave me an error last night.

Last edited by bigubosu; 04-28-2010 at 01:15 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts through cronjob.

Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a shell script in crontab file. But anyhow it's not getting executed. Following is the command that I've used in crontab. 30 07 * * * . ./.cronprofile;/om/reports/reportscripts/jitu/prod/prd_pre_to_post.sh 35 11 * * * .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts unattended

Hi guys just wondering how i could make one of my scripts run unattended without the use of cron? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically Running Scripts

Can someone advise me how to get started automatically running scripts? I believe it has something to do with cron? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreydavisjr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts via su

Hi All, Am using the below command to start my application using the root user su - bin -c "/home/bin/test/start.sh" but am getting the error becaue i have set some environment varibales in bin .profile when i execute the command start.sh by logging directly into bin account it's... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sri24
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running many PERL scripts in one file

Hi, I have many PERL scripts in my system(Solaris 10 UNIX OS).I want to define all scripts in one file and run.Please suggest how to define. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

running scripts in minicom

Hi, I am new to use minicom. I want script to run on minicom with username and password as automated.(Expect). please could anyone suggest the sample code for it. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Multiple scripts based on file size.

Hi, I have created 3 shell scripts which has to run one by one first two shell scripts will create a .txt files...which are used by the third shell script.Now I want to create a master script and run all these in a single script. Please give a pseudo code on how to so the same. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
4 Replies

9. Solaris

running scripts from cron

I need to run a script (from cron) that runs a second script. What worries me is that second script, when run from bash, upon finishing doesn't return to bash unless I press the 'Enter' key. I presume that's because last command in that script ends with & Could that be a problem for cron?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts from a list

I am writing a bash script to run test some scripts. The names scripts of the scripts to tests are stored in an array. scptArr='chcksfrd.bash' scptArr='compute-misfit.bash' scptArr='compute-travel-times.bash' scptArr='create-data-tinv.bash' scptArr='create-docs.bash' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies
PAM::FAQ(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       PAM::FAQ(3)

NAME
Authen::PAM::FAQ - Frequently-Asked Questions about Authen::PAM. SYNOPSIS
perldoc Authen::PAM::FAQ VERSION
This document is currently at version 0.05, as of May 4, 2005 DESCRIPTION
1. Can I authenticate a user non interactively? Yes, you can although not in a very clean way. The PAM library has a mechanism, in a form of a conversation function, to send and receive text data from the user. For details of the format of the conversation function consult the Authen::PAM manual. This function receives a list of code/string pairs. There are two codes (PAM_TEXT_INFO and PAM_ERROR_MSG) for displaying the associated string to the user and two codes (PAM_ECHO_ON and PAM_ECHO_OFF) for getting input from the user. As you can see the codes are rather general and you can not be com- pletely sure when you are asked for a user name and when for a password. However, the common practice is that PAM_ECHO_ON is used for a user name and PAM_ECHO_OFF is used for a password. So, what you can do is to write your own conversation function which ignores the PAM_TEXT_INFO and PAM_ERROR_MSG codes and returns the user name for the code PAM_ECHO_ON and the password for the code PAM_ECHO_OFF. If you pass the user name in the initialization function then usually you will not be asked for it. Here is a simple example how to do this: use Authen::PAM; use POSIX qw(ttyname); $service = "login"; $username = "foo"; $password = "bar"; $tty_name = ttyname(fileno(STDIN)); sub my_conv_func { my @res; while ( @_ ) { my $code = shift; my $msg = shift; my $ans = ""; $ans = $username if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_ON() ); $ans = $password if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF() ); push @res, (PAM_SUCCESS(),$ans); } push @res, PAM_SUCCESS(); return @res; } ref($pamh = new Authen::PAM($service, $username, &my_conv_func)) || die "Error code $pamh during PAM init!"; $res = $pamh->pam_set_item(PAM_TTY(), $tty_name); $res = $pamh->pam_authenticate; print $pamh->pam_strerror($res)," " unless $res == PAM_SUCCESS(); The Authen::PAM module comes with a default conversation function which you can find in the file PAM.pm. 2. Can I change a password non interactively? All the discussion of the previous question also applies here. There is however one serious complication. When changing a password it is quite possible that the PAM library will send you at lest two PAM_ECHO_OFF prompts - one for the old password and one or two for the new one. Therefore, the first thing you should do is to see what sequence of prompts is produced by your service. Then the conversation func- tion should include some state variable to distinguish the different prompts. Here is an example: use Authen::PAM; $service = "passwd"; $username = "foo"; $oldpassword = "old_pass"; $newpassword = "new_pass"; sub my_conv_func { my @res; while ( @_ ) { my $code = shift; my $msg = shift; my $ans = ""; $ans = $username if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_ON() ); if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF() ) { $ans = $oldpassword if ($state == 0); $ans = $newpassword if ($state == 1); $ans = $newpassword if ($state == 2); $state++; } push @res, (PAM_SUCCESS(),$ans); } push @res, PAM_SUCCESS(); return @res; } ref($pamh = new Authen::PAM($service, $username, &my_conv_func)) || die "Error code $pamh during PAM init!"; $state = 0; $res = $pamh->pam_chauthtok; print $pamh->pam_strerror($res)," " unless $res == PAM_SUCCESS(); If you are running the script as root then most likely you will not be prompted for an old password. In this case you can simply return the new password at the ECHO_OFF prompt. The $msg variable contains the text of the input prompt which you can use for additional test or for debugging purposes, e.g. if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF() ) { if ($state>=1 || $msg=~/new/i) { # are we asked for a new password $ans = $newpassword; } else { $ans = $oldpassword; } $state++; } 3. Why are the constants PAM_AUTHTOK and PAM_OLDAUTHTOK not avaliable? The PAM_AUTHTOK and PAM_OLDAUTHTOK items can be used to pass authentication tokens (passwords) from one module to another. However, they are avaliable only to PAM modules and not to PAM applicatinos. If you have a special setup in which you really need to preset the password from the application (e.g. using a radius server) then you can use the pam_set_authtok module avaliable from <http://www.uni-hohen- heim.de/~schaefer/linux/pam/pam_set_authtok.html>. SEE ALSO
Authen::PAM AUTHOR
Nikolay Pelov <NIKIP at cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1998-2005 Nikolay Pelov. All rights reserved. This file is part of the Authen::PAM library. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.4 2005-06-30 PAM::FAQ(3)