Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ending script at specific time. Post 302416754 by EAGL€ on Tuesday 27th of April 2010 04:11:13 PM
Old 04-27-2010
maybe you can use epoch time?

Code:
now=`perl -MTime::Local -le'print timelocal localtime'`

gives the current time in terms of seconds since 1970. So you can terminate your script in a spesific time. 1 hours is 3600 seconds so lets say to finish your script after 2 hours you have to calculate the current time again and compare it with (now+7200)

i just wanted to give an idea

regards

---------- Post updated at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:10 PM ----------

Code:
/usr/bin/truss /usr/bin/date 2>&1 |  nawk -F= '/^time\(\)/ {gsub(/ /,"",$2);print $2}'

also gives epoch time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh not ending (sometimes) from inside a script, why?

Okay I have this script file that runs from cron and most the time it works just find. Except every so often one of the three ssh commands I have in it just doesn't know it's done and that of course causes the whole thing to hang! The ssh command has executed. I can tell this because the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stilllooking
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ending script after a specified time.

Hi All, I am having a script, which run fine. But what I want to do is that the script should run for specified time and terminate then ( say for a minute). Can somebody help me for this. I would be greatful. Thanks, Aru (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ending a script

Hi all, I am trying to end a Menu script. Can people suggest various methods please? At the moment I am doing: quit=n while do ...Code Code Code... read userinput case $userinput in q|Q) quit=y;; esac done But this doesn't seem to work every time, occasionally it will work,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files in a folder with a specific ending

Hi I have files that end with .txt.txt that i want to delete. But I also have files that end with .txt that I want to leave intact. How do I specifically delete files that end with .txt.txt in a folder. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for get lines with specific time.

i want to make a script for grep any lines with key word and every time (5 min) Ex. Log in Server. . . . 03-01-2012 03:07:54,924 - INFO MessageUtil - Return | Status=0 | TxID=12010300000548755292 | Message=Success 03-01-2012 03:09:13,789 - INFO MessageUtil - Return | Status=0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands at a specific time.

Hello All, I have written a script which which is working fine to a certain logic of it. But i want a part of the script to run two commands at 00:10 hrs every day. These two command are 1. rm -rf /path/to/folder 2. mail the content of a file. How do i achieve this. Thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repetitive ending of script

Hi, I am quit satisfied with this scrtipt and really don't want to change anything but the end. I get a repetitve option when I want to "quit" and don't know why. What am I missing? When I press q to quit with this script, I get an EXTRA "Enter " How do I correct this so that when I press... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jefferj54
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

School ending Script

Hello beautiful people, I would like to kindly ask you to help me with my school leaving project. Unfortunatelly due to family problems I felt into trouble and I am on able to finish my project due to schedule. I would like to ask you to review this script and give me any hints that you could.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerda
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to add specific bases at the beginning and ending of all the fasta sequences?

Hi, I have to add 7 bases of specific nucleotide at the beginning and ending of all the fasta sequences of a file. For example, I have a multi fasta file namely test.fasta as given below test.fasta >TalAA18_Xoo_CIAT_NZ_CP033194.1:_2936369-2939570:+1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
1 Replies
GETDATE(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        GETDATE(1)

NAME
getdate - AME SYNOPSIS
[-dv][-n dec][-f format] [ra dec sys] itype2otype [date and/or time] DESCRIPTION
Convert date and time between various formats [-dv][-n dec][-f format] itype2otype @file itype: nfd=ISOFITS fd=FITS, dt=yyyy.mmdd, hr=hh:mm:ss, deg=dd:mm:ss jd=Julian Date, mjd=Modified Julian Date hjd=Heliocentric Julian Date, mhjd=Modified HJD ep=epoch, epj=Julian epoch, epb=Besselian epoch lt=local time, ut=UT, ts=seconds since 1950-01-01 now=current time, ang=fractional degrees otype: fd=FITS, dt=yyyy.mmdd, jd=Julian Date, mjd=Modified Julian Date hjd=Heliocentric Julian Date, mhjd=Modified HJD hr=hh:mm:ss, deg=dd:mm:ss, ang=fractional degrees ep=epoch, epj=Julian epoch, epb=Besselian epoch ts=seconds since 1950-01-01, tsu=Unix sec, tsi=IRAF sec gst=Greenwich Sidereal Time, lst=Local Sidereal Time @file: First one or two columns are in itype format ra dec sys: Need for Heliocentric conversions -a: Append date to input file, if there is one -d: Print date without time -e: Print output as ET/TDT/TT converting from UT -f: Format for output number (C printf) -h hours: Longitude in hours, west positive -l degrees: Longitude in degrees, west positive -n: Number of decimal places in sec, epoch, JD -t: Print time without date -v: Verbose getdate 3.8.4 June 2012 GETDATE(1)