Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: net-snmp issue
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring net-snmp issue Post 302416707 by mrlayance on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 09:07:16 AM
Old 04-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupp
using the same directory of MIBs (export MIBSDIR=/etc/sma/snmp/mibs; export MIBS=ALL), walk the device you are after. do you still get the same output from net-snmp ?

what version of net-snmp are you using?
Well that made it worse... Now none of the mibs are working?

I am using net-snmp 5.2.

This one has me stumped.

---------- Post updated 04-28-10 at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous update was 04-27-10 at 02:40 PM ----------

Ok, I finally got a solution. Ran these commands.

Code:
xxx-xxx:/etc/sma/snmp/mibs# MIBDIRS=/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs:/etc/sma/snmp/mibs
xxx-xxx:/etc/sma/snmp/mibs# export MIBDIRS
xxx-xxx:/etc/sma/snmp/mibs# MIBS=ALL;export MIBS

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

net-snmp

Does anybody know where I can get net-snmp for compaq tru64 V4.0G? I am having a difficult time locating it. Can it run on tru64 V4.0G? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Net-snmp issue in Solaris 8

Hi there, I know this is a common question, but I have not found a satsifactory solution yet, so pardon me for posting similar questions. My problem is the log /var/adm/messages is filling up with this entry every few minutes Please refer below. Oct 4 21:39:46 host last message repeated 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 issue on Sun Solaris

Hi, I am trying to compile the source code for Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 using the gcc compiler-3.4.6 and 3.4.3 but I am getting the follwoing error with perl enabled: /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Usolaris2 -Dsolaris2=solaris2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tisha
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

net-snmp - restarting too quickly issue

on my sol10x86 10/08 box, i needed to remove the native snmp agent (sma) for net-snmp-5.4.2.1. once net-snmp was configured and installed, i reconfigured the appropriate files of smf and attempted to restart. service was put into maintenance mode: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Net-snmp 5.7.2 on HP-UX 11.31

Hi All, I have an issue with net-snmp communication from a monitoring server to HP UX server. Following are the details HP - UX server : 172.16.184.34 Monitoring Server : 172.16.5.57 (Solarwinds Application)I'm running HP-UX's snmp on udp port 161 and net-snmp on udp 1161. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
0 Replies
PMDASNMP(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						       PMDASNMP(1)

NAME
pmdasnmp - Gateway from SNMP to PCP (PMDA) DESCRIPTION
pmdasnmp is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which provides a generic gateway from PCP queries from a PCP client to SNMP queries to one or more SNMP agents. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the SNMP gateway performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/snmp # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/snmp # ./Remove pmdasnmp is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. CONFIGURATION
TODO: define config file format here - map/set/host/... etc FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/snmp/snmp.conf optional configuration file for pmdasnmp $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/snmp/Install installation script for the pmdasnmp agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/snmp/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasnmp agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/snmp.log default log file for error and warn() messages from pmdasnmp SEE ALSO
pmcd(1) and SNMP 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDASNMP(1)