Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RHEL/Linux Small Monitor
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support RHEL/Linux Small Monitor Post 302416645 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 27th of April 2010 09:13:38 AM
Old 04-27-2010
You should just have to customize /etc/X11/xorg.conf. What error messages are you getting in /var/log/Xorg.0.log? What graphics card are you using?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Why is linux console window in VMWare so small?

I install linux in VMWare, but Its console window is too small, Its size is 80*25, I can't change it even though I use full srceen mode in VMWare.How can I do? please help me! Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChaoZhang
3 Replies

2. Linux

cant mount cd rom in damm small linux

hey guys im rather new to linux, im runnin damm small linux on an old HP. my problem is I cant mount the cd rom drive. when I try and mount I get the mount point is being used by another directory, i tried editing the fstab file. but that didnt work. any help would be greatly appreciated. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: format
12 Replies

3. Linux

Damn Small Linux Booting Problems

I recently downloaded a DSL iso file. I loaded the iso in VirtualBox and it worked perfectly, but when I wrote the iso to a CD using k3b and I tried booting it, I got an error. I tried booting from the disk in VirtualBox and got the same error. "FATAL: Could not read from the boot medium! System... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Small linux no gui

I want to execute from a grub a very small linux that only has commands, so at startup it executes this shell script I wrote and after that the user has an option to go back to the grub. I've heard of busybox but that doesn't seem to be helpful? Can anyone recommend a non gui distro, that can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcnewton13
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Best way to monitor use of memory resources for an RHEL instance

I wanted to know what is the best way to monitor use of memory on an RHEL server. We have 16 GB of memory for the RHEL instance but the usage at any time is more than 99%. I use /proc/meminfo on the server to check memory. I hope, my question is clear that what is the best way to monitor use of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL 6.3: Monitor: UNKNOWN ???

Hi All, I've been struggling with this problem for weeks to no avail. When I go into Control Center-> Display Preferences my monitor is no longer recognized. Instead, there is a red box which says "Unknown". This one problem is preventing me from doing just about everything I need to do my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Screen Resolution on External Monitor from RHEL 6.3

Hey everyone, I have a KVM or External monitor (19" Dell) that I am trying to hook up to a laptop running RHEL 6.3 (via VGA which is the only option). When I connect it, and go to System->Preferences->Display, the max resolution option it provides me for these external devices is 1280x1024. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchaud10
2 Replies
SLAPD-MONITOR(5)						File Formats Manual						  SLAPD-MONITOR(5)

NAME
slapd-monitor - Monitor backend to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf DESCRIPTION
The monitor backend to slapd(8) is not an actual database; if enabled, it is automatically generated and dynamically maintained by slapd with information about the running status of the daemon. To inspect all monitor information, issue a subtree search with base cn=Monitor, requesting that attributes "+" and "*" are returned. The monitor backend produces mostly operational attributes, and LDAP only returns operational attributes that are explicitly requested. Requesting attribute "+" is an extension which requests all operational attributes. CONFIGURATION
These slapd.conf options apply to the monitor backend database. That is, they must follow a "database monitor" line and come before any subsequent "backend" or "database" lines. As opposed to most databases, the monitor database can be instantiated only once, i.e. only one occurrence of "database monitor" can occur in the slapd.conf(5) file. Moreover, the suffix of the database cannot be explicitly set by means of the suffix directive. The suffix is automatically set to "cn=Monitor". The monitor database honors the rootdn and the rootpw directives, and the usual ACL directives, e.g. the access directive. Other database options are described in the slapd.conf(5) manual page. USAGE
The usage is: 1) enable the monitor backend at configure: configure --enable-monitor 2) activate the monitor database in the slapd.conf(5) file: database monitor 3) add ACLs as detailed in slapd.access(5) to control access to the database, e.g.: access to dn.subtree="cn=Monitor" by dn.exact="uid=Admin,dc=my,dc=org" write by users read by * none 4) ensure that the core.schema file is loaded. The monitor backend relies on some standard track attributeTypes that must be already defined when the backend is started. ACCESS CONTROL
The monitor backend honors access control semantics as indicated in slapd.access(5), including the disclose access privilege, on all cur- rently implemented operations. KNOWN LIMITATIONS
The monitor backend does not honor size/time limits in search operations. FILES
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd-config(5), slapd.access(5), slapd(8), ldap(3). ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP Software is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project <http://www.openldap.org/>. OpenLDAP Software is derived from Uni- versity of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2012/04/23 SLAPD-MONITOR(5)