Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To check a word is number or not Post 302416633 by pravin27 on Tuesday 27th of April 2010 08:07:15 AM
Old 04-27-2010
Hi,

try this,

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

$filename = "00123";

if ( $filename =~ /\b\d{1,5}\b/ ) { print "Numeric \n";}
else { print "Not numeric \n"'; }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple word check

Hi left value is 1.34 and i want it to compare against 4 right values 2.01, 3.01. 4.09 ,1.11 . This is not numerical comparion. I need for text. I get syntax errors ... value =1.34 --> value will be passed dynamically.. if --> is this correct ? {} else {}fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl (word by word check if a hash key)

Hi, Now i work in a code that 1-get data stored in the database in the form of hash table with a key field which is the " Name" 2-in the same time i open a txt file and loop through it word by word 3- which i have a problem in is that : I need to loop word by word and check if it is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
0 Replies

3. Programming

C++ > check if a file contains a word...

I wanna check if a file located in /home/user/.config/Home/unkilled.txt contains the word 'permitted'... I am a beginner in C++. This is my code: 1. #include <stdio.h> 2. #include <cerrno> 3. #include <sys/stat.h> 4. #include <fstream> 5. #include <sys/types.h> 6. #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakermania
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

WORD SEARCH - CHECK IF CORRECT!

Im currently working on a Script using PICO editor, the scripts purpose is : When you typed a certain "word" and press enter, All directories, Script, and any other files that contain that "word" will be displayed.. for example i typed "DOG".. all executable script, Directories, and any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenimesh19
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Word Search: Can you please check if this is correct. thanks!

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Im currently doing a search command.. for example , when i typed a certain word , lets say "DOG".. all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenimesh19
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Word check within file

I am trying to see if a word exists within the file, then do command accordingly. cmd=$(grep -ci "$word" $file) if ; then echo "Word exists" else echo "Word does not exist." fiI try this code, but it keeps giving me syntax errors for the cmd line. Am I doing something... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort word followed by exponential number and numeric number at the same time

Input file: ID_34 2E-69 2324 ID_1 0E0 3254 ID_1 0E0 5434 ID_5 0E0 436 ID_1 1E-14 2524 ID_1 5E-52 46437 ID_3 65E-20 45467 ID_1 0E0 6578 ... Desired output file: ID_1 0E0 6578 ID_1 0E0 5434 ID_1 0E0 3254 ID_1 5E-52 46437 ID_1 1E-14 2524 ID_3 65E-20 45467 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only word not number

Hi, Need to extract only words not numbers #cat test.txt 123456 oracle web 56789 s21adm Required output #grep <options> test.txt oracle web s21adm Note, in between integer "s21adm" is required but not with full integer "123456" and "56789" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a word and increment the number in the word & save into new files

Hi All, I am looking for a perl/awk/sed command to auto-increment the numbers line in file, P1.tcl: run_build_model sparc_ifu_dec run_drc set_faults -model path_delay -atpg_effectiveness -fault_coverage add_delay_paths P1 set_atpg -abort_limit 1000 run_atpg -ndetects 1000 I would like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to check word count of each word in file

I am trying to figure out to find word count of each word from my file sample file hi how are you hi are you ok sample out put hi 1 how 1 are 1 you 1 hi 1 are 1 you 1 ok 1 wc -l filename is not helping , i think we will have to split the lines and count and then print and also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
4 Replies
randomword(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     randomword(3)

NAME
randomword, randomchars, randomletters - Generate random passwords (Enhanced Security) LIBRARY
Security Library - libsecurity.so SYNOPSIS
int randomchars( char *string, unsigned short int minlen, unsigned short int maxlen, boolean restrict, long seed); int randomletters( char *string, unsigned short int minlen, unsigned short int maxlen, boolean restrict, long seed); int randomword( char *word, char *hyphenated_word, unsigned short int minlen, unsigned short int maxlen, boolean restrict, long seed); PARAMETERS
Points at a user-supplied space to contain a null-terminated password. Specifies the minimum length that a generated word can have. Spec- ifies the maximum length that a generated word can have. Specifies whether restrictions are to be imposed on the generated word. This is a boolean integer, where a non-zero integer indications restrictions and a 0 (zero) indicates no restrictions. Specifies an initial seed for the random number generator. Points at a user-supplied space to contain a null-terminated random pronounceable password. Contains the hyphenated version of the generated word. DESCRIPTION
These functions generate random passwords for use in password selection. All of them are generated by the system, based on seeds and set in the function. Such seeds can be created with the drand48(), rand(), or random() functions. The randomchars() function places a null-terminated password composed of random printable ASCII characters into the string parameter and returns the length of the generated string. The minlen parameter can equal maxlen, but cannot be greater than maxlen, and cannot be nega- tive. The user space preallocated is at least maxlen for string. The smaller minlen and maxlen are, the smaller the selection space of random words. The restrict parameter is 0 (zero) when no restrictions are placed on the generated word. It is nonzero when the words generated pass the tests of the acceptable_password() function. The seed parameter is used by the function only on the first time it is called; the parameter is ignored on subsequent calls. The randomletters() function places a null-terminated password composed of random lower-case letters into the string parameter and returns the length of the generated word. The minlen, maxlen, restrict, and seed parameters are the same as for the randomchars() function. The randomword() function places a null-terminated random pronounceable password into the word parameter and returns the length of the gen- erated word. The minlen, maxlen, restrict, and seed parameters are the same as for the randomchars() and randomletters() functions. The user space preallocated is at least 2*max - 1 for hyphenated_word. NOTES
The password generator relies on a random number generator that produces uniformly distributed integers. Because the password generator invokes the random number generator many times even for one word, the random number generator has to produce a uniform distribution. The period (distinct numbers produced given a particular seed) and number space (range of possible numbers) must both be large. The drand48() functions are used for this purpose. Programs using these functions must be compiled with -lsecurity. FILES
System password file. System group file. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: acceptable_password(3), drand48(3), rand(3), random(3). Commands: login(1), passwd(1). delim off randomword(3)