Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting book learning. Post 302416621 by arunvellanki on Tuesday 27th of April 2010 06:51:58 AM
Old 04-27-2010
Shell scripting book learning.

Hi
Which is the most useful shell scripting book. Planning to learn shell scripting.Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning Shell Scripting

I'm new to UNIX and I want to learn Shell Scripting. I want a web site that has Shell Scripting tutorials. Any suggesstions?.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liveapple2000
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Online/downloadable Shell Scripting book

Greetings All!! I am looking out for a comprehensive shell scripting book (unix & linux). I would request you to kindly post the links to get donwloadable/online books. I would prefer for the "Linux and Unix shell programming" by David Tansley. Any help will be highly appreciable. Cheers ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arminder
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql & Shell scripting book

Hi, I am looking for some books that have examples of both Oracle SQL and Shell script being used together. For example, to insert 500 rows into a table using a script. I already have books that cover Shell scripting or SQL, but as separate subjects. I am looking for books that have both of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: handle123
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any good book for Shell Scripting ?

Hi , I am aware of basics of UNIX like general commands for files & directories. However now I have to move on to shell programming . Please suggest any good book for beginners for shell programming basics & advanced which might have some practice questions also. Thanks, Ankur (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurvohra
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggested Books for Learning Shell scripting

Hi, I had completed RHCE and i am interested to learn shell scripting. Request you to please let me know which book is best for learning shell scripting or any online website. Thanks & Regards arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Book for Learning unix shell scripting reall good

Hi guys I want o learn and understand shell scripting real good, Ive got already some background Due to the fact that there is ton of books with these theme, can you recommend me some good book with with examples explanations, pls no theoretical books :D Thxs (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl1ngac1k
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best Book for C Shell Scripting

Hi, One of my friend has recently joined a company wherein they have given him a project in C shell Scripting. But, he is new to Scripting. requesting me a good book to learn C shell scripting. As I'm not much into Scripting I'd request any one to suggest me the best book to learn C shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suren1829
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Book for shell scripting

I plan to buy a shell scripting book. Please suggest me a best book for shell Scripting. It will be great if the book contains more examples. Regards Kalai ---------- Post updated at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:09 AM ---------- I got the solution in the below post. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

any good book for shell programming and scripting??

as title suggest i am looking for good book to start learning shell programming.please help me with this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvk21
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

After Learning Shell Scripting

Will it be good to learn 1) Perl or 2) Ruby first? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies
xotclsh(1)							XOTcl Applications							xotclsh(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
xotclsh - Tcl Shell containing object-oriented scripting language XOTcl SYNOPSIS
xotclsh ?filename arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
xotclsh is a shell-like application that reads XOTcl commands from its standard input or from a file and evaluates them. Similarly as the relation between tclsh and wish, xowish provides all functionality of xotclsh and provides as well predefined support for TK widgets. XOTcl (XOTcl, pronounced exotickle) is an object-oriented scripting language based on MIT's OTcl. It is intended as a value added replace- ment of OTcl. Scripting languages, such as Tcl, are designed for glueing components together, provide features such as dynamic extensibility and dynamic typing with automatic conversion, that make them well suited for rapid application development. The object system of XOTcl enables a user to to define objects, classes, and meta-classes. Classes are special objects with the purpose of managing other objects. ``Managing'' means that a class controls the creation and destruction of its instances and that it contains a repository of methods accessible for the instances. Every object may be enhanced with object-specific methods. XOTcl supports single and multiple inheritance. All object-class and class-class relationships in XOTcl are introspectable and can be dynamically changed at arbi- trary times. Ambiguities in name resolution of methods are avoided through method chaining through "next", which does not require explicit method naming. XOTcl combines the ideas of scripting and object-orientation in a way that preserves the benefits of both of them. It is equipped with sev- eral new language constructs that help building and managing complex systems. We added the following support: Dynamic Object Aggregations, to provide dynamic aggregations through nested namespaces (objects). Nested Classes, to reduce the interference of independently developed program structures. Assertions, to reduce the interface and the reliability problems caused by dynamic typing and, therefore, to ease the combination of many components. Meta-data, to enhance self-documentation of objects and classes. Per-object mixins, as a means to give an object dynamically access to the methods of one or several supplemental classes. Per-class mixins, as a means to give all instances of an class dynamically access to the methods of one or several supplemental classes. Filters as a means of abstractions over method invocations to implement large program structures, like design patterns. XOTcl provides a value-added replacement of Tcl package loading providing integration with object-oriented constructs and tracking/tracing of component loading. VARIABLES
xotclsh sets all variables that tclsh sets, and additionally the following variables: ::xotcl::version XOTcl version number. ::xotcl::confdir Directory for XOTcl configuration. ::xotcl::logdir Directory where logfiles are placed. KEYWORDS
argument, interpreter, prompt, script file, shell XOTcl xotclsh(1)