Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Number of CPU in LINUX server Post 302416426 by Neo on Monday 26th of April 2010 11:51:56 AM
Old 04-26-2010
0 - 15 means 16 CPU cores.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

number of cpu's

How can I tell how many cpu's are on a solaris 9 sunfire? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How to down a particular CPU in a server, witch is having 16 CPU's

Hi.., my dout is a solaris server is having 16 cpu's. in tht one cpu running some error process, accupaying more space. I wanna down tht particular CPU only with out interrupting the other 15 CPU's. how can i do this. is there any command for this ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.janardhanguru
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Number of CPU

Hi Experts, with the help of which command we can see the Number of cpu in a solaris solaris5.10.Also how we know the total disk & free disk space size in this system. Kind regards ---------- Post updated at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:25 PM ---------- Command... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafiassam
10 Replies

5. Red Hat

Number of CPU in linux server

I am using linux server.. how do i see number of CPU's in the server? TOP command is not providing result.. Any help is highly appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Number of CPU and Memory information in SunOS server?

I have SunOS and here is the version details SunOS chfdalsun003 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 I have couple of questions. How do i see number of CPU's in the server? How can i see the Server memory(RAM)? The detail memory information like(total, used, free etc).... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify CPU usage on the Linux server

We are using linux server. We have below script running on the crontab and it send the alert if the cpu usage is above 90%. My question is, the below script tells the CPU usage for one CPU or all CPU in the server? sar 1 1 | sed '$!d' | awk '{printf("%d", $8)}' > $SAR_LOG Please let me... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. AIX

Number of CPU & Number of Core

root:/> # lscfg -vp|grep -c -E 'proc.*Processor' 8 root:/> # lscfg -vpl sysplanar0 | grep -i way 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : I have this output and need to know how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud. Both run apache web server. When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem. Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies
SIBA(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   SIBA(4)

NAME
siba -- Sonic Inc. Silicon Backplane driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device siba Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): siba_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The siba driver supports the Sonic Inc. Silicon Backplane, the interblock communications architecture that can be found in most Broadcom wireless NICs. A bus connects all of the Silicon Backplane's functional blocks. These functional blocks, known as cores, use the Open Core Protocol (OCP) interface to communicate with agents attached to the Silicon Backplane. Each NIC uses a chip from the same chip family. Each member of the family contains a different set of cores, but shares basic architectural features such as address space definition, interrupt and error architecture, and backplane register definitions. Each core can have an initiator agent that passes read and write requests onto the system backplane and a target agent that returns responses to those requests. Not all cores contain both an initiator and a target agent. Initiator agents are present in cores that contain host interfaces (PCI, PCMCIA), embedded processors (MIPS), or DMA processors associated with communications cores. All cores other than PCMCIA have a target agent. SEE ALSO
bwn(4) HISTORY
The siba device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
The siba driver was written by Bruce M. Simpson <bms@FreeBSD.org> and Weongyo Jeong <weongyo@FreeBSD.org>. CAVEATS
Host mode is not supported at this moment. BSD
January 8, 2010 BSD