Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Determine FULL name of current script Post 302416414 by Corona688 on Monday 26th of April 2010 11:23:07 AM
Old 04-26-2010
If you're running bash, you may be on linux, and may thus have the general purpose command 'realpath'.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to determine the script is called from CRON?

Hello expert, What I want is to determine whether the script is called from CRON or it is executed interactively? I tried the following but no luck: #!/bin/ksh cronID=`pgrep -x cron` GPID=`ps -ef -o ppid,pid | grep " $PPID$" | awk '{print $1}'` if ; then echo I am being run... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: wes_brooks
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cannot determine current directory

Hi, when I execute some simple commands on my solaris system, I am getting the following warning message: Could anybody tell me what could be the reason Ex:- If I give the command, which ls Warning: cannot determine current directory ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintain full path of a script in a var when sourcing it from a different script

Hi All, I've searched through the forum for a solution to this problem, but I haven't found anything. I have 2 script files that are in different directories. My first script, let's call it "/one/two/a.sh" looks like this: #!/bin/sh IN_DIR=`dirname $0` CUR_DIR=`pwd` cd $IN_DIR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbluegreen
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine if the script has been invoked manually or not?

Hi, Is there a way to determine if the script has been invoked manually or not( might be invoked by a schedular or crontab)? Thanks, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installer script needs to determine own location...

My n00b question: I am trying to write a script that I can place on a flash drive and then move from computer to computer and install a file, which is bundled with the script. (ie the script is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/Script, the file is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/File) So far I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madmacs
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how could I use shell script to determine which CPU structure

how could I use shell script to determine which CPU structure because I found that I compile my program under Itanium base that cannot run on the PA-RISC base but PA-RISC program can run on Itanium base i would like to use shell script to know which CPU structure it is,how could i do thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to determine logged in time

Hi all So I am thinking my inability to cope with math is bogging me down here so Im asking for help. I want to determine how long a user has been logged on for by using the date and who commands to determine the time they have been logge don. My problem is that I keep getting the wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: losingit
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Script to determine which web server at ip addresses

how do we determine if ip addresses are hosting IIS version 7.x or Apache 2.2.x. ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NameSake
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine server IP

Need help with the script, I am trying to include this script as part of kickstart profile. based of the host's IP address, in this case if the host is IP starting with 10.10.3.* or 10.10.6.*, I will be pushing appropriate routing file from my web server. I validate host IP from nslookup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies
REALPATH(1)							   User Commands						       REALPATH(1)

NAME
realpath - print the resolved path SYNOPSIS
realpath [OPTION]... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Print the resolved absolute file name; all but the last component must exist -e, --canonicalize-existing all components of the path must exist -m, --canonicalize-missing no components of the path need exist -L, --logical resolve '..' components before symlinks -P, --physical resolve symlinks as encountered (default) -q, --quiet suppress most error messages --relative-to=FILE print the resolved path relative to FILE --relative-base=FILE print absolute paths unless paths below FILE -s, --strip, --no-symlinks don't expand symlinks -z, --zero separate output with NUL rather than newline --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report realpath translation bugs to <http://translationpro- ject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
readlink(1), readlink(2), realpath(3) The full documentation for realpath is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and realpath programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'realpath invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 REALPATH(1)