Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Determine FULL name of current script Post 302416409 by msb65 on Monday 26th of April 2010 11:02:48 AM
Old 04-26-2010
Determine FULL name of current script

Hi everyone,

Is there a slick way to determine the FULL name of a script that is running?

The variable
Code:
${0}

just gives the relative path name.

I guess I could just do the following:

Code:
FULL_SCRIPT_NAME=${PWD}${0}

Although that's pretty simple is there another way that I am missing?

Thanks a lot.

Mike

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to determine the script is called from CRON?

Hello expert, What I want is to determine whether the script is called from CRON or it is executed interactively? I tried the following but no luck: #!/bin/ksh cronID=`pgrep -x cron` GPID=`ps -ef -o ppid,pid | grep " $PPID$" | awk '{print $1}'` if ; then echo I am being run... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: wes_brooks
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cannot determine current directory

Hi, when I execute some simple commands on my solaris system, I am getting the following warning message: Could anybody tell me what could be the reason Ex:- If I give the command, which ls Warning: cannot determine current directory ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintain full path of a script in a var when sourcing it from a different script

Hi All, I've searched through the forum for a solution to this problem, but I haven't found anything. I have 2 script files that are in different directories. My first script, let's call it "/one/two/a.sh" looks like this: #!/bin/sh IN_DIR=`dirname $0` CUR_DIR=`pwd` cd $IN_DIR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbluegreen
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine if the script has been invoked manually or not?

Hi, Is there a way to determine if the script has been invoked manually or not( might be invoked by a schedular or crontab)? Thanks, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installer script needs to determine own location...

My n00b question: I am trying to write a script that I can place on a flash drive and then move from computer to computer and install a file, which is bundled with the script. (ie the script is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/Script, the file is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/File) So far I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madmacs
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how could I use shell script to determine which CPU structure

how could I use shell script to determine which CPU structure because I found that I compile my program under Itanium base that cannot run on the PA-RISC base but PA-RISC program can run on Itanium base i would like to use shell script to know which CPU structure it is,how could i do thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to determine logged in time

Hi all So I am thinking my inability to cope with math is bogging me down here so Im asking for help. I want to determine how long a user has been logged on for by using the date and who commands to determine the time they have been logge don. My problem is that I keep getting the wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: losingit
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Script to determine which web server at ip addresses

how do we determine if ip addresses are hosting IIS version 7.x or Apache 2.2.x. ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NameSake
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine server IP

Need help with the script, I am trying to include this script as part of kickstart profile. based of the host's IP address, in this case if the host is IP starting with 10.10.3.* or 10.10.6.*, I will be pushing appropriate routing file from my web server. I validate host IP from nslookup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)