Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change the date format from mmddyyyy to yyyymmdd Post 302416360 by agn on Monday 26th of April 2010 08:44:13 AM
Old 04-26-2010
Code:
$ perl -le '$x="04262010"; $x =~ /(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{4})/; print $3,$1,$2'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get yesterday date in yyyymmdd format

I would like to know how I could get a yesterday date in yyyymmdd e.g. today is 20011109, and I would like to get 20011108. Thank you!:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_newbie
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

How can i get the yesterday's date in YYYYMMDD format

How can i get the yesterday's date in YYYYMMDD format??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadsr
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format date from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD

I have a file with some date columns in MM/DD/YYYY format: SMPBR|DUP-DO NOT USE|NEW YORK||16105|BA5270715|6/6/2007 |MWERNER|109||||JOHN||SMITH|MD|72211118||||||74559|21 WILMINGTON RD||D|11/6/2003|SL# MD CONTACT-LIZ RICHARDS|||0|Y|N||1411458| And I want to convert the date format to: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format YYYYMMDD to MM/DD/YYYY

In my shell script i have a variable which stores date in the format of YYYYMMDD. Is there any way to format this value to MM/DD/YYYY. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasirgondal
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl yesterday's date in mmddyyyy format

Hi, Below command is producing yesaterday's date in mmddyy format - perl -e '@T=localtime(time-86400);printf("%02d%02d%02d",$T+1,$T,($T+1900)%100)' But i want the date in mmddyyyy format; plz help. Thankx, Rahul Bahulekar. ---------- Post updated at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Date after 5 dates in YYYYMMDD format

Hi Experts, How to get date 5 days after current date in YYYYMMDD format? How do we compare date in YYYYMMDD format? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date after 5 days from current date in YYYYMMDD format

Hello Experts, How do i get date after 5 days from current date in YYYYMMDD format? How do you compare date in YYYYMMDD format? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating date in yyyymmdd format using PERL

Hi all, i had a code where in user will enter a date in yyyymmdd format.. i didnt use any validation for the date and now the problem is if a user enters date instead of month after year it is proceeding with the code.. like if the date is 20120426 and if the user enters 20122604 it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format to be changed from DDMMYYYY to YYYYMMDD

My requirement is:- there will be files at a location each day with the date format DDMMYYYY. Novawise_Activity_Call_Notes_04022013.txt Novawise_Activity_Inbound_04022013.txt Novawise_Activity_Inbound_05022013.txt Novawise_Activity_Call_Notes_05022013.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djrulz123
8 Replies

10. Programming

Date format change from mm/dd/yyyy to yyyymmdd in comma seperate line in perl

Hi All, I have line ,A,FDRM0002,12/21/2017,,0.961751583,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it contains date in mm/dd/yyyy format i want to change this to yyyymmdd format using perl. Use code tags, thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal0746
8 Replies
Acme::Brainfuck(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Acme::Brainfuck(3)

NAME
Acme::Brainfuck - Embed Brainfuck in your perl code SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; print 'Hello world!', chr ++++++++++. ; DESCRIPTION
Brainfuck is about the tiniest Turing-complete programming language you can get. A language is Turing-complete if it can model the opera- tions of a Turing machine--an abstract model of a computer defined by the British mathematician Alan Turing in 1936. A Turing machine con- sists only of an endless sequence of memory cells and a pointer to one particular memory cell. Yet it is theoretically capable of perform- ing any computation. With this module, you can embed Brainfuck instructions delimited by whitespace into your perl code. It will be trans- lated into Perl as parsed. Brainfuck has just just 8 instructions (well more in this implementation, see "Extensions to ANSI Brainfuck" below.) which are as follows Instructions + Increment Increase the value of the current memory cell by one. - Decrement Decrease the value of the current memory cell by one. > Forward Move the pointer to the next memory cell. < Back Move the pointer to the previous memory cell. , Input Read a byte from Standard Input and store it in the current memory cell. . Output Write the value of the current memory cell to standard output. [ Loop If the value of the current memory cell is 0, continue to the cell after the next ']'. ] Next Go back to the last previous '['. Extensions to ANSI Brainfuck This implementation has extra instructions available. In order to avoid such terrible bloat, they are only available if you use the ver- bose pragma like so: use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; The extra instructions are: ~ Reset Resets the pointer to the first memory cell and clear all memory cells. # Peek Prints the values of the memory pointer and the current memory cell to STDERR. See also "Debugging" below. Debugging By using the debug pragma like this: use Acme::Brainfuck qw/debug/; you can dump out the generated perl code. (Caution: it is not pretty.) The key to understanding it is that the memory pointer is repre- sented by $p, and the memory array by @m Therefore the value of the current memory cell is $m[$p]. RETURN VALUE
Each sequence of Brainfuck instructions becomes a Perl block and returns the value of the current memory cell. EXAMPLES
JABH #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; print "Just another "; ++++++[>++++++++++++++++<-]> ++.-- >+++[<++++++>-]<.>[-]+++[<------>-]< +.- +++++++++.--------- ++++++++++++++.-------------- ++++++.------ >+++[<+++++++>-]<.>[-]+++[<------->-]< +++.--- +++++++++++.----------- print " hacker. "; Countdown #!/usr/bin/env perl use strict; use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; print "Countdown commencing... "; ++++++++++[>+>+<<-] >>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<< ++++++++++[>>.-<.<-] print "We have liftoff! "; Reverse #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; while(1) { print "Say something to Backwards Man and then press enter: "; +[->,----------]< print 'Backwards Man says, "'; [+++++++++++.<]< print "" to you too. "; ~ } Math #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; use strict; use warnings; my $answer = +++[>++++++<-]> ; print "3 * 6 = $answer "; VERSION
1.1.1 Apr 06, 2004 AUTHOR
Jaldhar H. Vyas E<lt>jaldhar@braincells.comE<gt> THANKS
Urban Mueller - The inventor of Brainfuck. Damian Conway - For twisting perl to hitherto unimaginable heights of weirdness. Marco Nippula <http://www.hut.fi/~mnippula/> - Some code in this module comes from his brainfuck.pl Mr. Rock - Who has a nice Brainfuck tutorial at <http://www.cydathria.com/bf/>. Some of the example code comes from there. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2004, Consolidated Braincells Inc. Licensed with no warranties under the Crowley Public License: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the license." perl v5.8.3 2004-04-06 Acme::Brainfuck(3)