Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log file query
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Log file query Post 302416219 by pseudocoder on Sunday 25th of April 2010 04:11:56 PM
Old 04-25-2010
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

query file name

Experts, New Year Greetings to everyone! Is there a way I can query the filename from the file itself? I am writing a bunch of similar 'csh' scripts, which differ by the file name and same difference is inside the script. e.g. script1.run.csh .... set vrbl = script1 ....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file name query

Hi Everyone . i m kinda newbie so spare me if question seems stupid :D what i want to do is something like this rsh node1 tail -20 /var/opt/fds/statistics/FSC-InapInterface_2.0_A_1-2006-12-24-0000.stat >> node1.txt now problem is this that in this case the date was 24th december 2006 but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Net-SNMP v5.4 - sub-id not found in log, but can query with snmpget and snmpwalk

Hi everyone, I'm configuring Net-SNMP v5.4 on Solaris 10, sending traps to OpenNMS 1.2.9-0.20061212.0. I'm setting up disk monitoring (% of space free) for 5 directories. Here's what I'm working with: (snmpd.conf - disk and monitoring portions) # # Disk Usage monitoring: # disk / 20%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mariognarly
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on File checking

Hi All, I am a newbie to Shell programming and stuck with the folllowing issue: Here is the code: #! /bin/sh if ; then echo "Checking if the file is found or not" fi On running, I get the following error: spk265@linax1$ ./shell ./sample/samplenew ./shell: line 3: I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query a oracle DB when fail put in in the error log

Hi all, I'm trying to create a script that does the following: Connect with SQLplus to my oracle db. Do a select 1 from dual; and when I don't get a value back. Than put the $DATE in a logfile. What I have until now: #!/bin/bash # values GEN_ERR=1 #error 1 code USER=username... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roadster
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file - Query

Hi, I have file with format abcd.gz.20151011.1 , i need to rename as abcd.gz.20151011.we can use move command for one file. How to change multiple files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement Query in a file

Hi All, Please can you help me with below, i have a file with records ( eg of one record below) Record R1 - The field separtaor between records is | (Pipe) |123|Mukesh\r\n|Vivek"sharma| Now i want to do the following for each record in the file if there is any field ( lets say field... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
3 Replies
Mail::Transport::Receive(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Mail::Transport::Receive(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Transport::Receive - receive messages INHERITANCE
Mail::Transport::Receive is a Mail::Transport is a Mail::Reporter Mail::Transport::Receive is extended by Mail::Transport::IMAP4 Mail::Transport::POP3 SYNOPSIS
my $receiver = Mail::Transport::POP3->new(...); my $message = $receiver->receive($id); DESCRIPTION
Each object which extends Mail::Transport::Receive implement a protocol which can get messages into your application. The internals of each implementation can differ quite a lot, so have a look at each separate manual page as well. Current message receivers: o Mail::Transport::POP3 Implements the POP3 protocol. See also Mail::Box::POP3. METHODS
Constructors Mail::Transport::Receive->new(OPTIONS) See "METHODS" in Mail::Transport Receiving mail $obj->receive([UNIQUE-MESSAGE-ID]) Receive one message from the remote server. Some receivers will provide the next message automatically, other are random access and use the specified ID. Server connection $obj->findBinary(NAME [, DIRECTORIES]) See "Server connection" in Mail::Transport $obj->remoteHost() See "Server connection" in Mail::Transport $obj->retry() See "Server connection" in Mail::Transport Error handling $obj->AUTOLOAD() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->addReport(OBJECT) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) Mail::Transport::Receive->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->errors() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) Mail::Transport::Receive->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logPriority(LEVEL) Mail::Transport::Receive->logPriority(LEVEL) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logSettings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->notImplemented() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->report([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->reportAll([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->trace([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->warnings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter Cleanup $obj->DESTROY() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter $obj->inGlobalDestruction() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter DIAGNOSTICS
Warning: Avoid program abuse: specify an absolute path for $exec. Specifying explicit locations for executables of email transfer agents should only be done with absolute file names, to avoid various pontential security problems. Warning: Executable $exec does not exist. The explicitly indicated mail transfer agent does not exists. The normal settings are used to find the correct location. Error: Package $package does not implement $method. Fatal error: the specific package (or one of its superclasses) does not implement this method where it should. This message means that some other related classes do implement this method however the class at hand does not. Probably you should investigate this and probably inform the author of the package. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Transport::Receive(3pm)