Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users NFS Files system and df command Post 302416093 by cjcox on Sunday 25th of April 2010 01:07:16 AM
Old 04-25-2010
You NFS NAS would appear to be running an automount rule. So... this gets a bit complicated. You could find the source of the automount map and try to glean the info from that. The automount map could be static, or from a source like NIS or LDAP.

Just looking at what you've given, the rule is a bit too generic and so you're actually getting multiple mounts of the same area (just named differently because of the rule).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up NFS system

I want to set up NFS system as server and client on a linux redhat7.1. Can anybody give me some guidence on how to setup NFS system. All I want to do is to let the client use just one Directory from the clinet machine. Please help me out. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syedifti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup system to NFS Appliance device

I have been tasked with getting an AIX 4.3.3 box to backup to a NAS applicance device which provides NFS service. It is an intermediary repository so that other tools can transport the resulting backup file to another NAS Applicance at a remote site on a secondary frame connection. Anyone have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirhisss
10 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Is it possible to re-export a exported NFS file system?

Hi... Is it possible to re-export a exported NFS file system? If no, Why? Let me know, if any further details are required about the question. Thanks in advance Adams:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adams Nave
5 Replies

4. AIX

Cannot access NFS file system

I create a NFS file system. I can read this system from client, however, I cannot write anything in this folder. Why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to manage the .nfs files generated by the system

I'm running a UNIX application on HP-UX which generated logs files every few seconds. Now at times these log files are replicated as .nfs files and sometimes cannot be deleted. Now it reaches a point that i'm not even able to list any files on the logs directory. Normally i restart that server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check whether file system is local or NFS?

Hi, suppose I have file system path say /foo/bar/baz then how would I find out whether it is local file system or NFS? If it is NFS then I want to find out the host where file system is located. Thanks, Paresh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: masaniparesh
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to determine the number of NFS threads RUNNING on the system

Hi, Anyone can tell me how to get the number of NFS threads RUNNING on the system for Solaris 10? Someone told me for Solaris 9, the method is "echo "*svc$<svcpool" | adb -k. But, I've tried to google the method for Solaris 10 and did not find the corresponding method, please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wang.caiqi
1 Replies

8. AIX

For NIM: NFS file system problem

hello, i am trying to export a file system so that i can mount it on NIM server and make mksysb backup of the server on that fs. i get this message: mount: 1831-011 access denied for s_semdev:/dr_s_zeus/mksysb/dr_s_zeus mount: 1831-008 giving up on: s_semdev:/dr_s_zeus/mksysb/dr_s_zeus ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

9. AIX

Write once on NFS file system

Hello Guru's We are trying to save some data for 10 -15 yrs. so we created a NFS share file system and mounted on AIX 5.3 servers, keeping in mind that we might need to replace the expired disk/bad disk every 2 yrs or 4 yrs. Now we are trying to solve. How to protect it from getting deleted... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
6 Replies

10. AIX

NIM NFS file system cannot unmount

Hello, I have a script on my NIM Master that runs with crons and performs mksysb backups of all NIM Clients once a week. There is a problem with one of the clients as it stucks and never finishes the mksysb backups. I tried to unmount the NFS file system created by the NIM in order to perform... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)