Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File creation time in seconds Post 302416084 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 24th of April 2010 08:56:28 PM
Old 04-24-2010
Code:
filesec()
{
   perl -e '$epoch = (stat("$ARGV[0]"))[9]; print "$epoch";'  "$1"

}

find /somepath -type d | 
while read fname 
do
     now=$(date "+%s" )
     filetime=$( filesec "$fname")
     echo "Directory $fname last updated $(( $now - $filetime ))"
done

-- this code won't work on Solaris, Solaris date does not like %s

scottn - It may be homework, but I kinda doubt it. We get this question a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation time

i have to delete some files that were created on a particular date. is there any way to do that without affecting the files that were modified on the same date? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sskb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file creation date including seconds

Hi, Is anybody can help me to get the file creation date with seconds? -rw-r--r-- 1 opsc system 422550845 Aug 22 15:41 StatData.20020821 Thanks in advance Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
7 Replies

3. Programming

File creation time

Hi Everybody, Is their any functions to find out the file creation time in 'C' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file creation time

Hello folks, I have a file, but it change every seconds, i use stats command to check its creation time, but it shows access,modify and change time same. Is there any other way to see the file creation date/time? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get access time of a file upto the precision of seconds?

Hi , How can I get the last access time of a file upto the precesion of seconds in Unix. I cannot use stat as this is not supported. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanus
10 Replies

6. Programming

How to search a file based on a time stamp backwards 10 seconds

Hi all, I'm after some help with this small issue which i'm struggling to work out a fix for. I have a file that contains records that all have a time stamp for each individual record, i need to search the file for a specific time stamp and then search back 10 seconds to see if the number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp3arsy
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

File creation time

Hi Everybody, I would like to know file creation date and time in linux. I went throgh google and forums got some information but from that i am not sure for my question. Please check the following information. "ls -l" ==> but it is just gives the last modified time and date of the file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time take between first and last file creation

Hi , In a folder I have multiple files. I want total time taken to write those files. Can you please suggest what will be the best way to go for it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

9. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp file creation time

Hi Team, Could you please let me know ,how to find the file creation date time in SFTP server. i tred like , ls -ltr command only availble and not available like ls --full-time test.txt please help? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
7 Replies
Mojo::Date(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Mojo::Date(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Date - HTTP 1.1 date container SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Date; my $date = Mojo::Date->new(784111777); my $http_date = $date->to_string; $date->parse('Sun, 06 Nov 1994 08:49:37 GMT'); my $epoch = $date->epoch; DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Date implements HTTP 1.1 date and time functions according to RFC 2616. Sun, 06 Nov 1994 08:49:37 GMT ; RFC 822, updated by RFC 1123 Sunday, 06-Nov-94 08:49:37 GMT ; RFC 850, obsoleted by RFC 1036 Sun Nov 6 08:49:37 1994 ; ANSI C's asctime() format ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Date implements the following attributes. "epoch" my $epoch = $date->epoch; $date = $date->epoch(784111777); Epoch seconds. METHODS
Mojo::Date inherits all methods from Mojo::Base and implements the following new ones. "new" my $date = Mojo::Date->new; my $date = Mojo::Date->new($string); Construct a new Mojo::Date object. "parse" $date = $date->parse('Sun Nov 6 08:49:37 1994'); Parse date in one of the following formats. - Epoch format(784111777) - RFC 822/1123 (Sun, 06 Nov 1994 08:49:37 GMT) - RFC 850/1036 (Sunday, 06-Nov-94 08:49:37 GMT) - ANSI C asctime() (Sun Nov 6 08:49:37 1994) "to_string" my $string = $date->to_string; Render date suitable for HTTP 1.1 messages. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Date(3pm)