Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tynt Tracer Must Die
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Tynt Tracer Must Die Post 302416045 by Neo on Saturday 24th of April 2010 01:03:44 PM
Old 04-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyntguy
This button on this link will disable Tynt for the browser you are in:

Tynt Opt In/Out
Hi tyntguy,

I think it would be better if there was a "blanket" configuration option to turn off Tynt for copy-and-paste withing the same site.

In other words, if you are posting on www. unix.com and you cut-and-paste withing the selected domain (www. unix.com to www. unix.com), then we should have a configuration option in the control panel to turn it off for for this "internal" case, because content is not actually "leaving" this site.

---------- Post updated at 17:03 ---------- Previous update was at 16:58 ----------

OBTW, I forgot to mention that one of the site benefits of TYNT is that when a poster double posts by copy and pasting within the site, it does automatically post to the other post. We thought that was a nice unintended "side effect" because it helped with double posting reference back to the original post (and made the mods jobs easier).

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Live Free or Die!

Mods: Delete this if you think that this is not appropriate. I found this rather amusing. If you go to www.unix.net now you will see the OpenGroup selling license plates that read "Live Free or Die/Unix/Unix is a trademark of the OpenGroup" (http://www.unix.net/unix_plates.html) I just... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: auswipe
12 Replies

2. Solaris

what time did my process die ??

Hi there I have a backup script that runs every night and for some reason ive been getting in in the morning and the process has died, Is there any way I can tell when it died? if not .....would anybody recommend some scripting that i could do that would be able to tell me this information ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Python 2.5 must die.

I am using SunOS 5.7 I have installed Python 2.5 via make install Without going into details, I'd like to uninstall it and replace it with an earlier version. Maybe as far back as 2.2.3. Unfortuantely, make uninstall gives me Don't know how to make target 'uninstall'. This is thematically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dbecker
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script Dependency/Tracer

Hello All, We have a very old system at hand in which there are hundreds of shell scripts that use other shell scripts, all on the same server. There are several that are not used at all as well. In short, it's an unmanaged system thats been lying around for many years, and it needs to be... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ag79
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Connection die out

Hi, I will ftp aroung 80 files after connecting to an FTP Server. But after 2 minutes of connection, it is timed out and connection is dying. Server had a 2 minute connection timeout if connection is idle. But my question, Isn't tranfering files not considered as an activity. Is the connection... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
7 Replies
GFTP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GFTP(1)

NAME
gftp - a graphical ftp client SYNOPSIS
gftp [options] [[proto://][ user : [pass] @] site [: port ][/ directory ]] DESCRIPTION
gFTP is a multiprotocol file transfer program for X Windows and the console. It features support for the FTP, SSH, HTTP, and local file system protocols, simultaneous downloads, resuming of interrupted file transfers, file transfer queues, downloading of entire directores, ftp and http proxy support, remote directory caching, bookmarks menu, stop button and many more features OPTIONS
You may enter a url on the command line that gFTP will automatically connect to when it starts up. --help, -h Display program usage, and quit --version, -v This will display the current version of gFTP, and exit --download, -d This tells gFTP to download the files and directories specified in the url passed on the command line. user This is the username that you will login as to the remote site. If no username is supplied, the default is to login as anonymous. pass This is the password you will use to login to the remotesite. If you do not enter a password, then gFTP will ask you for one when it starts up. I do not recommend entering your password on the command prompt. Anyone that has access to your machine will be able to see your username and password with the ps(1) command. If you are logging in as anonymous, you do not need to pass a password since gFTP will automatically send your email address as your password. site This is the remote site you want to connect to port This is the port that the remote server is listening on. If you do not enter a port, it will default to using the ftp port listed in the services(5) file. If the entry doesn't exist there, it will default to port 21. directory This is the default directory to change to once you are connected to the remote server. FILES
~/.gftp/gftprc Per user configuration file. This file is commented very well, so that is why there isn't a manpage for it. Most of the options in here can be set inside gFTP itself. BUGS
If you find any bugs in gFTP, please report them directly to the author. AUTHOR
Brian Masney <masneyb@gftp.org> - http://www.gftp.org/ FEBURARY 2001 GFTP(1)